I hope my two guy friends don't kill each other...

Start from the beginning

He winced. "I don't understand that. Opening the door for someone is a sign of respect and courtesy. It doesn't make me... better than anyone, in fact, I'm showing deference to the lady." He sighed. "But I suppose if she didn't want me to open the door for her, I would respect her wishes. But it's not like opening the door is just something men should do for women. I hold the door for anyone coming in a building behind me, no matter who it is."

I laughed. "I guess some people don't see it the same way."

Nathaniel shrugged, starting up the engine.

"Thanks for... the dress." I said, feeling awkward, but needing to say it. "It's the most beautiful dress I've ever seen."

He smiled. "I'm glad you like it. And I'm glad you have it. It looks beautiful on you."

I blushed slightly. "Thank you."

He blushed a little, too. "Mm-hmmm."

There was silence for a minute, and then I glanced over at him. "Nice tux."

He smiled. "You like it?"

I nodded. "It's very nice. You look good in it."

"Not as good as you." Then his face fell. "Ahk's gonna flip when he sees you." he mumbled.

My stomach fluttered. "Do you think so?"

Nathaniel examined my hopeful expression and sighed. "Definitely."

We had reached the museum by now. He stopped the car. Out of habit, I moved to open my door and get out, but he stopped me.

"Wait." he protested. "I have to get your door!"

"But it's faster if I..."

"Oh, fine. Whatever."

"Sorry." I felt slightly guilty as I climbed out of the car.

"It's okay." Nathaniel replied, smiling to show me it wasn't that big a deal.

We entered the museum together, Nathaniel holding the door for me again and making me smile.

When we got in, I was surprised at how many people were already there. I scanned the crowd, looking for... okay, fine, I'll admit it. I was looking for Ahk.

Nathaniel tugged me gently through the crowd, glancing sideways at me. We reached a part of the room that was less populated than the rest, and there we stopped.

I felt a light hand on my shoulder, and I spun around, startled.

It was Ahk.

His eyes widened in surprise as they took in the sight of me, and he stared unabashedly at me, his gaze traveling from my face to my feet to my face again. He opened his mouth, then closed it again.

For a moment he was silent. Then he finally seemed to find his voice.

"Whoa." he said quietly. He stepped slightly closer. "Emily, you look... ravishing."

My face turned red. "Th-thanks." I mumbled. "I'm glad you think so."

His eyes focused on my face. "Your hair... it's beautiful. How did you..."

I had taken a shower as part of my preparation for tonight, but today I hadn't straightened my hair as it dried. Now it was hanging down in loose, natural ringlets that I hadn't realized how much I'd missed.

I squirmed, happy but embarrassed. "Oh. My hair? I... actually, it's naturally like that. I usually straighten it in the mornings."

His eyes were wide. "Why? It's so pretty."

I was certain I had never blushed harder in my life. Not even the time I'd tripped on stage in front of four hundred people. Not even the time I had accidentally gone into the men's bathroom instead of the women's.

"And your eyes." Ahk stepped even closer. "They look so green. I suppose the color of the dress brings them out?"

I nodded, glancing at the floor.

Nathaniel cleared his throat.

Ahk stepped away, blushing. "Er..." He glanced at Nathaniel, dipping his head in a greeting. Then he turned his attention back on me. "Emily...? May I have the honor of a dance with you?"

How did he make me feel so shy?

I met his eyes slowly and nodded.

Nathaniel didn't look too happy. He cleared his throat again, frowning slightly.

I suddenly remembered that technically, I was his date. "You don't mind, do you?" I asked hesitantly. "Nathaniel?"

He softened. "I suppose I don't. You can dance with whoever you like. You don't have to stay with me the entire time." He smiled. "Just save a dance for me."

"I will." I replied lightly.

Ahk glanced between us quizzically. "Why would you ask permission?" he wondered aloud to me.

I blushed. "Oh. Well, because-"

"Because she's my date tonight." Nathaniel finished for me.

Ahk drew up sharply. "Oh." His expression closed down. "I see."

I tried not to wince. Why did he look disappointed?

He abruptly stepped away from me, making my heart sink. "Excuse me." he said to me. "Can I talk to Nathaniel for a moment? Privately?

---------------------------

Ohhhhhhhh DAAANG

Ok 

sorry

Ummm

thanks for reading

etc

byeeee