Part 22: a Fair Trade

Start from the beginning

"Nobody leaves and nobody enters without my consent!" Tsunade orders.

Meanwhile Neji's friends are all looking for him. Unfortunately their efforts are in vain. But Tsunade promised them that they will find him.

She didn't give up on Dan either. In her heart she knows that he is alive and refused to accept that he had died.

Around 22:00 pm ...

Tsunade is working through some documents with Shizune. Tonton is,snoring,asleep on her lap. Suddenly Jiraiya makes his entry through the window.

For the last ten months he had been providing Tsunade with information about the strange disappearances. However he had no leads on the whereabouts of Dan.

"Tsunade I might have found something on Dan," he climbs through the window.

She looks at him with anticipation. Shizune looks up keen to find out the information as well.

"A few people have spotted somebody who resembles Dan but their description of him differs," he sits in the window.

"What did they say?" Her eyes widen.

"The closest description I have is of an old lady who says she spotted a man with pale blue hair and a white mask. She says his hair isn't long but is a bit shorter than shoulder length."

Tsunade frowns. Why would he cut his hair? She folds her arms over her chest.

"What was he doing if it is him?"

"The lady says he was traveling with a bunch of people. Other than that I've no more info," he sighs.

"None of it makes sense Jiraiya. If it is him why would he cut his hair? Why wouldn't he come back?" The frustration in her voice is clear.

"I don't know Tsunade but I've to go again. I will fulfill my promise," he smiles.

Before she can answer he jumps out of the window. With a sigh she and Shizune goes back to work. Tonton still fast asleep.

"Don't worry Milady," Shizune tries to comfort her.

Later that night ...

Shizune walks Tsunade home. The streets are quiet. Only the sound of crickets and toads from the nearby river can be heard. They walk past a few food shops.

Suddenly a squabble catches their attention. In the dark not far from where they are standing they can hear voices. Tsunade makes a fist.

"Get away from me!" The familiar voice of Neji Hyuga can be heard.

"That's Neji's voice," Shizune says shocked.

Just as she and Tsunade walks forward Neji comes stumbling out of the dark. His clothes are covered in blood and torn to shreds.

"Lady Hokage," he stumbles forward,"he will kill you."

Tsunade catches him as he falls forward unconscious. Shizune runs to Tsunade's side. Tonton let's out a worried oink.

"He's fine just exhausted and his chakra is depleted," Tsunade observes.

The clicking of shoes begins in the distance and gets closer. Tsunade gets up reading herself for a fight.

Then the clicking stops. A figure appears. He stands in the shadows only his feet visible in the light. The blurry version of a white mask slightly visible.

"Hand him over," the masked man demands.

"Who are you?" Tsunade asks.

"Don't tell me you don't know," he teases sarcastic.

Tsunade recognised something familiar about his voice earlier. She swallows a ball of spit. Can this be?

"Dan is that you?" She hesitates.

"Bravo Lady Hokage," he slow claps coming out of the shadows.

He takes off the white mask revealing his face. It is Dan. His hair is somewhat shorter than always now cut just above his shoulders. He does not have his headband on.

"Why are you doing this?" She frowns confused.

"You've always been naive Tsunade," he hisses.

"This isn't true. You are not him!" She bursts out furious.

"How is our daughter doing?" He smiles malicious.

At that moment Tsunade realises that it is the real Dan. But what happened to him? He is completely different. The soft look in his eyes are replaced with coldness.

"What do you want with the Hyuga?" She asks standing up.

"That is none of your concern," he spits.

She balls her fists. Anger and sorrow rushes through her veins like a river. Her heart smashed to pieces. How could you turn your back on me? Why?

"Are you going to hand him over or will I use force?" He takes out a kunai.

"Don't touch him," Tsunade grits her teeth.

"Milady you can't fight him!" Shizune shouts.

"Listen to my dear niece Tsunade," he chucles evil.

"I'll make you a trade," Tsunade thinks fast.

"A trade? What could you have that I possibly want?"

"The best medic in the world."

"Ah,so the Hokage trades herself for the Hyuga," he smiles,"deal."

"Lady Tsunade you can't!!!"

"Shut up Shizune. Take Neji and go," she commands.

Tsunade reluctantly walks over to Dan. He gestures,menacingly,for her to walk first. They both disappear in the darkness.