Ch 20

Scott POV

After breaking down in Peter's arms on the couch, I had nothing I could focus on besides the TV and the warmth of the people I hurt through my actions. My head felt, well not really fuzzy, but calm and sleepy, floaty; sort of like I had no worries, that everyone else could take care of it. It was a good feeling.

Maybe three or four hours later, the sun had long since set and everyone except Isaac and Lydia was asleep until we all heard a faint crunch of tires in the driveway. Immediately, I could hear that one car was my mom's by the slight skip in the third cylinder and the other was Derek's Camaro. I felt my stomach sink a little and I whimpered, whining into Peter's chest where my head laid against it. He held me tighter and growled quietly to calm me down.

Safe. Warm. protected. Not yours but they love you.

Sometimes my wolf was an ass about instincts but, right now he's right; Isaac saw me when I came in and knows that I would give up anything for Stiles. Anything.

Then the front door opened and everyone filed in; Liam jumped straight onto the couch next to Peter and me, Malia sat on the floor at Boyd and Erica's feet, Kira lifted my feet up and sat on the couch with my legs in her lap, the twins went into the kitchen, and my mom came in talking to the Alpha pair and the sheriff trailing not too far behind in the doorway. All I did was bury my face back into Peter's chest and waited for their decision.

It's not like I've done anything to deserve forgiveness...

--------------------

Derek POV

We stopped for burgers and curly fries, 'carbohydrates and protein are really good for post marathon-sex participants Der-bear!' Which yeah, I did feel much better once we got to the loft and noticed Melissa carting a couple of Scott's remaining pack and Sheriff Stilinski. Surprised to say the least, Stiles and I walked over and greeted everyone, informing them about the goings on of the weekend as we walked up, which the sheriff threatened me about of course as Melissa flicked his ear and congratulated us. As we walked through the door, we kept it casual, noticing Scott but refusing to react until we address everyone first.

Derek, do we stick with the original plan.... He looks like a kicked puppy.

Of course, when your mate has made a strong enough connection during the first rut that they can talk mentally like this, it's proper to respond in kind, but I spent a brief moment internally screaming in joy before I did.

Well, Stiles, kicking himself like he has or not, he still needs to make up for what he did in the first place. No letting him off easy!

Stiles did a little sigh as he turned away from Melissa to me and nodded. We both knew that this would get emotional if we call Scott out so it's probably better to address the mating and what Stiles is and all that first.

"Alright everyone," Stiles started confidently, "First official Hale-Stilinski pack meeting."

I wasn't about to fight him on the naming; legally and status wise, he's the husband. However, I feel like it's weird having the pack on my family's ancestral land under another name feels really strange. I'm gonna talk to him about it later though, for my sanity's sake.

"First, I'd like to thank you all for being here and bonding while Derek and I were, indisposed. Isaac, thank you for taking such good care of them; it means so much to the both of us."

Isaac simply nodded and stood to go monitor the twins in the kitchen. 

"Secondly, we need to make it aware that yes, Derek and I are werewolf married," That easily earned him a growl from Peter and me alongside childish snickers from everyone, Sheriff included, "Although, we still have no idea what sort of were-thing I am considering I really don't look or sound like a wolf when shifted."

Peter piped up with, "You don't feel like one through the pack bond either." He was right of course. Before the fire, Peter spent most of his time studying different types of weres, their differences, and how to fight them. I remember the book he used was one that Deaton may be holding onto.

Looking at Peter, I send him a look that meant 'we'll talk later' and received an affirming nod.

Stiles continued on about how the pack dynamics would go and had organized everyone accordingly based on what he and I spoke about during a brief break during our rut the second day in. Then we called the twins in, stood everyone still in Scott's pack up, and asked him to stand as well. What concerned me is that he just laid there in Peter's hold, shivering and breathing like he needed his inhaler. That's when Peter's eyes widened a little and he stood up holding Scott. He told us to wait until he could figure something out and took the alpha upstairs to the guest bedroom. I could hear the low rumble in Stiles' breathing and could smell the confused frustration he felt. 

I know that this is a little weird love but, just trust Peter on this one. Trust your pup!

That calmed him down enough that they all sat together and waited, comforting one another and snuggling to scent mark everyone. I knew something was wrong with Scott and so I went upstairs to find the two.

I hope that Scott's ok. He's done enough for his own punishment already.

----------------------------------------

Hello lovelies! I promised more chapters and look, a chapter!!! Not sure if I'm going to be able to write anything next week or at all this weekend since I'll be working a lot, but I'll see what I can do in my down time. Also, comment if you have a guess as to what's up with Scott r would like to see something specific in later chapters!