Ch 2

And again, Stiles fell asleep. He was exhausted from the emotions tearing at him and from crying. He couldn't care to eat, with how he was feeling, the thought made him nauseous. But what made it worse, he knew as he fell asleep that he would have to get up and actually face the day.

He didn't want to. Gods above, anyone could tell he didn't want to. But what's the point in worrying his dad for skipping more than one day?

-------------------

"Stiles?" The sheriff had just walked through the door after a long night shift to see Stiles still curled up in his bed. Just to make sure, he checked his watch to see that Stiles indeed, was sleeping through the morning and his third period class. Walking over to the sleeping boy with a sigh, he noticed the tear stains across his cheeks and the skin under his eyes puffy and red.

Probably from rubbing at them... John thought with a sad, nostalgic sigh. The last time the hyperactive teen was like this, was after his mother died. The kid would stay up till all hours of the night crying himself to an exhausted sleep.

So with a gentle hand, John shook Stiles' thin shoulder to rouse him.

"Come on Stiles," he just received and weak groan, no fire behind it like normal, "You're already missing enough school kiddo."

"No one will even notice I'm gone..." The tone behind his words gave away that something happened at the pack meeting last night. The sheriff just didn't know what it was yet. Still, he was concerned since the teen sounded so exhausted. So he decided to let him sleep.

"Alright, but at least get up to eat at some point today, yeah?" Stiles just nods weakly through his still sleepy haze as he cuddles his pillow closer, his previously furrowed brow smoothing out again in relaxed, contented slumber.

As he left the room, John pulled his cellphone out of his pocket and speed dialed the number he programmed under the 9 key and rested the phone against his ear to hear the dial tone for two and a half rings.

"What's wrong sheriff?"

"Derek, something's up with Stiles."

------------------

SCOTT POV

"Has anyone seen Stiles?" It was Lydia asking with genuine concern in her voice. But now that I thought about it, Stiles WASN'T here. "He was supposed to help plan my outfit for that movie premier I'm going to."

"Yeah and Coach is pissed he wasn't at the meeting before school to discuss plays for the next game." Jackson butt in, being the brat he always is.

Isaac shrugged in quiet response and I could feel my eyebrows pull together as I thought about how Stiles has been acting lately. He didn't seem out of the ordinary, quiet maybe but nothing bad.

"Not sure, has anyone noticed that he.... he's been acting weird" Danny spoke up, obviously concerned as well. "Bad weird."

"Stilinski is his own brand of 'bad weird' Danny." Ethan spoke up this time and it made all the weres and Lydia growl low in our throats.

"No, like quiet and closed off weird. Like when Isaac was still... you know." No one needed to hear the, "Still being beaten by his dad." because we all thought it, Isaac included as his arms wrapped around his own waist in an attempt to comfort himself as Erica wrapped her arm around him from where she sat on the other side of him. And then, certain memories starting popping up in my head of Stiles covered in bruises after practice, literally running out of the house when I get home, shouting something about needing to make dinner for his dad or finishing some homework. And it hit me,

We were abusing Stiles....

-----
Big thanks to AvaWalsh7 for reading through this and checking for my grammar mistakes. Hope everyone else enjoys this chapter >^~^< More to come this next week, but I'm starting school and working 25+ hours this next Monday-Sunday. I'll try though.