Ch 9

SCOTT POV

After the pack meeting at the loft, everybody left me to my own devices. Which was a terrible idea because I now found myself sneaking into Stiles bedroom with everyone growling at me. Stiles thankfully, is still asleep.

"Get. Out!" Isaac's eyes flared brightly as the light from outside glinted off of his barred fangs. It felt an aching tug right in my heart because all I wanted to do was blubber and apologize, but Alpha instinct in me saw that as weak, and I couldn't. Instead, I growled my betas into submission and waited for them to be quiet.

"Why did you have to hurt him Scott, do you really care that little for him?" Peter's question was bitter and quiet, he was still snuggled into Stiles' protective embrace on the bed with tears in his eyes.

"I didn't know.... But I need to apologize to him, let him know that I want to be better, take care of him like he needs to be cared for. Please."

"No," Stiles inevitably was actually awake. He pulled Peter closer, nuzzling into his hair before sitting up and looking down at his lap. "If you're going to treat your best friend like garbage then you aren't a suitable alpha to your best friend." With that, he looked up and I saw fiery red eyes glaring at me and making my instincts go wild. Everything in me wanted to tear him apart because he smelled like alpha and was challenging my status.

He stood up with the grace and threat of a big cat, nothing like I'd ever seen in any werewolf before. Derek and Isaac scrambled back onto the next to Peter and watched with wide, eager eyes as to what would happen next. And in truth, so was I.

My best friend was put through so much trauma that he snapped and presented as an alpha of some kind. Now, he looks ready to kill me.
.....
And I'd let him.

As his fangs slipped down, longer than any werewolf I had ever encountered, I fought my instincts and bared my neck dropping to my knees and leaning back, leaving myself completely vulnerable to whatever Stiles may wish to do. His claws extended as he walked towards me, a low rumble like a big cat's purr resonated through the air and almost vibrated through my own chest as he neared. I dropped onto my back to show him that I meant no harm, my alpha instincts fighting me hard and I barely contained the urge to claw at the body so close to me until he was in my current position.

But I couldn't.

I'd hurt my best friend enough and knowing that I hurt him like that made my heart ache and my throat close a round a lump that wanted to turn into a sob. I let a tear that had built up slip down my cheek and I went limp. If I could, I would give up my own life to make this better make my best friend forgive me.

"I'm so sorry Genim, I never meant for you to hurt." From what little I picked up from sitting in on Stiles' Polish lessons as a kid, I remembered enough to piece together that sentence and hold in the sobs that ached in my chest, wanting to be let go so I can truly feel my remorse and revel in it.

The world felt like it stopped turning, Stiles stood frozen above me, his eyes fading back to normal, claws and fangs slowly fading back. He looked surprised and appalled by what had happened, he looked at his hands and then back to my face before whispering,

"You are forgiven, I never meant to take what power is yours or expect any more for myself then I have earned." He said back in beautiful, fluent Polish that he no doubt spent time perfecting as he reached his hand out. I took the offering of peace and was surprised to find that I was lifting onto my feet like I weighed nothing more than a feather. "But I need you to leave, I can't trust you or the rest of the pack right now. None of them were here when I needed them, but these three were. If anything, they're my pack now, so please, go." It made my heart ache and my wolf whine as the pack bond to lose four, four pack members in one day... was completely severed. But I had to face the fact that I hurt my best friend and that he needed to find a way to trust me again.

And I'll do whatever it takes to help him do so.

I turned and left out the window without a fuss, and as I walked away, my tears began to stream. I ran into the forest as soon as the tree line came into sight.

I ran to forget the heartache I failed to prevent.

I ran for my pack and those that I lost today.

I ran so that I wouldn't have to cry.

I ran so that I could hold off on telling my pack that I'd lost....

They're all going to hate me now...

----------
Hello folks! Hate me yet? I get it, no explanation for not-so-werewolf, Alpha Stiles. But you know that next chapter, all will be explained. And I'm most likely doing either Peter or Stiles POV because those two are the most affected by this so far. And most people say Isaac's the pack puppy, well not this time! Oh! And expect a surprise Liam plot twist as well ;3