Ch 14

BOYD POV

After Stiles left the pack with Derek, Peter, and Isaac, he came back to the loft where we were waiting to hear from him. Ethan and Aiden were here with us -us being Lydia, Jackson, Kira, Malia, Liam, and myself- waiting eagerly to hear that all went well...

But we got something different, worse.

Scott walked in with the saddest kicked-puppy look on his face that I have ever witnessed but wasn't shocked when he started explaining how Stiles went Alpha and broke from the pack, the other three joining him quite willingly. Lydia looked positively furious, Jackson's expression neutral but his matching fury bleeding through the pack bond.

"Are you at all surprised oh mighty Alpha?! All we've ever done is throw him around and expect him to put up with us doing it! I don't know about you but I am ready to grovel and beg forgiveness of the one pack member that knew how to act like pack. I'm not surprised that the nogitsune took over he must have been miserable being around us!" Everyone knew what she was going to say next as the pack bonds to her and Jackson strained thin and tight.

"Goodbye Scott." And as their bond snapped, they left, and everyone else started breaking down in their own ways. Kira sighed dejectedly, Liam was on the verge of sobbing with Malia holding him close, tears in her eyes, and Erica looking like she could and would stand up and kill Scott right now if it so benefited her. The twins subconsciously rubbed the still existing scars that they got from their last fight with Kali before joining us, knowing without Stiles, they'd be dead. (AN: I'll do some background on that because I'm not actually caught up with the show so I'm going with season one and season 2a so bear with me). And me, I wanted to cry; Stiles got me and Erica together in the first place and nearly got beaten to death in order to protect us, and I've done nothing to show him my thanks and love for him as pack. Lydia and Jackson left, which was no surprise. Liam went into the kitchen to cook with Melissa, it's how he coped when he was stressed. Kira spoke with Scott quietly across the room while Malia texted Allison the news -she's on a trip to Colorado with her dad so she missed everything- And then, there's Erica, who hasn't shown any emotion and didn't react through the pack bond at all until I looked down at her. I saw the tears well in her eyes as she broke down in my arms, sobbing like that's all she knew how to do, and I held her tighter as my own tears fell, remorse and heartbreak flowing between our own bond.

"I want mom back..." Erica's voice was quiet and broke in her throat, the sound muffled by my chest stabbed at my heart. My mate was hurting because of decisions we didn't help correct and ones we didn't make to begin with, and we needed to fix that. Nuzzling into her hair, I kissed the top of her head before cradling her gorgeous face in my hands. Her eyes were red and puffy, teary and oh-so sad, it made me want to steal her pain because it broke my heart to see her so sad, but so warm-happy that she trusts me enough to show me her worst.

"Then we'll go, Erica. I have no doubt Batman will take in his Catwoman without a second thought. But we should bring something to at least try to make up for all this." By now, the sobs turned into soft hiccups and quiet sniffles, and when she looked up from my chest, eyes red and puffy from crying, she nodded and smiled sadly.

"I've got all eight Star Wars movies in the collector's box that I got for his birthday next month. Think he'd appreciate the early present." Her voice was no more than a meek whisper, afraid to speak any louder I would think, in case Scott heard. And I nodded, ready-eyed myself at the sight of my love so sad.

"We'll go tomorrow after we've gotten some rest yeah?" Pulling her back into my arms, I let her continue crying, letting my own tears of remorse fall. I kissed her forehead and pulled her back against my chest and let her cry for a little longer before driving us both to the loft to stay for the night. When she fell asleep on the way, I focused on my bond with Scott and snapped it.

I couldn't handle the anger that started bleeding through like poison from Scott and the responding terror from Liam. I knew Kira could handle those two well enough.

I promise Stiles, we'll make this up to you.

We'll make our mistakes right. I promise.