13

Xander's eyes slowly open, as he wakes up from his slumber. For the first time in a while, he feels well rested. A restful sleep has been too unfamiliar to him. But Sunday morning's bring peace, and he can't be thankful enough. Within seconds of being awake, his mind wanders to Isabella. She seems to be the last thing he thinks of before he falls asleep, and the first thing he thinks of when he wakes up. He grabs his phone quickly unlocking it, without noticing the time. When he turns on his side he lets out a groan of pain. He forgot his side is still a little injured from Octavious' bite. He ignores it, knowing it will heal soon. Xander clicks Isabella's name and waits anxiously as a ringing meets his ear.

"Hello?" Isabella answers.

A smile appears on Xander's face at the sound of her voice.

"Good morning. I didn't wake you up, did I?" He ask.

A light giggle comes through the phone line. Xander can picture her smile, and that brings a smile to his lips as well.

"Alexander, have you not seen the time yet?"

Xander's eyebrows furrow together in confusion. He pulls the device away from his ear to see the time "2:03" at the top of his screen.

"Oh...wow. This is embarrassing." A bashful laugh escapes his lips.

"It's ok. So you're not a morning person, I get it." She comforts him.

"I was going to ask if you want to get breakfast, but now a late lunch seems more fitting."

"Yeah lunch sounds good."

Xander let's out a breath he didn't even know he was holding, relieved she said yes.

"OK. I'll pick you up in about half an hour?"

"Perfect. See you then!" The line cuts off quickly and unexpectedly, leaving Xander confused but he doesn't dwell on it.

As soon as Isabella hangs up the phone, she hops out of bed, trying to find something to wear. She had already gotten ready for the day, but what she has on is not good enough for a date. Wait. She stops dead in her tracks. Is this a date? She wonders. Now her heart is pounding even harder. Isabella convinces herself that it's not a real date, just a casual lunch date. It may not make sense, and she knows this, but it's still comforting.

After deciding on a cute romper, and a minimal makeup look, she's satisfied. She looks in the mirror and her eyes trail up to the curly, frizzy, mess on her head. As much as she wishes her wash and go could last her another day, it just simply will not. Isabella pulls out the gel and decides a sleeked back bun will have to do.

Isabella skips down the stairs to see her father in the kitchen.

Her father turns to her, seeing her attire, "So you just assumed I would say yes to letting you go out?" He teases her.

Isabella laughs but slyly rolls her eyes because she knows there is some seriousness behind his statement. "Can I please go out?"

"Sure. Thanks for asking." He smiles sarcastically.

"Oh I forgot to tell you," Isabella remembers what she saw outside her window last night, "I saw wolves outside my window last night. At least I think they were wolves. It was weird because-dad? You alright?"

Isabella eyes her dad curiously when his expression quickly changed from happy to scared.

"Yes, I'm fine." He answers.

Isabella just nods, unconvinced. She looks at her phone to make sure she didn't miss a text from Xander.

"Isabella, maybe you should stay in today."