6

Isabella sits in her car, parked in the school parking lot, taking in her surroundings. It seems as if the weather decided to reflect her emotions, because the clouds are grey and rain is pouring down. She wishes it was sunny so her mood would brighten, but the rain just makes her dwell on how off she's been feeling. Ever since her encounter with Xander in the library a couple days ago, she just feels down. It's not like she's incapable of feeling happy though, she still enjoys herself and gets through the day. However, she knows she's not completely together, and she also knows the reason is Xander, as much as she hates to admit it. But Isabella is a strong girl and she's going to try to not let it get to her too much.

She's ripped from her own thoughts when someone knocks twice on her car window. She looks to her left to see the guy of her thoughts smiling with charm at her, holding an umbrella above his head. He motions for her to put the window down.

"Need an escort?" Xander ask.

Isabella is still a little frustrated with him, but there's nothing she can do to change the situation, so why stay mad? She tries to smile at him. "That would be great. Thank you."

Xander opens up the back seat of her car and grabs her backpack, then opens Isabella's door, so she can get out. She quickly gets under the umbrella, and locks her car door. The umbrella isn't very big so the pair is forced to run closely together, as they escape the water.

"Slow down!" Isabella says while laughing, finding it hard to keep up with Xander's large strides. Her joyful laughter surrounds him and it's all he wants to hear. He hates himself for what he did to her, how could he take away the joy from a type of person like Isabella? The type who deserves every single ounce of joy that could possibly be given to her.

Xander wraps his hand in her hand, so she stays up to pace. He makes sure the umbrella is covering her fully, not really worrying about himself. The mates get to the safety of the school, both with matching smiles on their faces. Xander puts the umbrella down and when he faces Isabella, she frowns at him.

"What's wrong?" He ask.

"It was your umbrella yet you're all wet, practically soaked, and I'm dry! You're going to get sick..." She says sadly.

He smiles at how nice she is. "I'm ok, Isabella. Don't worry about me." She nods in response but wishes she could help him. She pulls down the sleeve of her sweater, and without thinking, she reaches up and begins drying Xander's wet cheeks with her sleeve. When he's all dry, she laughs at how wild his hair looks and runs her fingers through it so it's styled.

"There." She smiles satisfied with her work.

Before she can step back, Xander wraps his arms around her waist and she instantly remembers how much his touch affects her. A look of shock flashes across Isabella's face as she was not expecting the intimate action. Xander takes the look as one of rejection and discomfort, and immediately pulls back. She wants to tell him that she didn't mind his hands on her, in fact her body reacts wonderfully every time it meets with his, but decides not to. She stands by what she said in the library and inviting him to hold her like that, very much contradicts it.

"I'm sorry," he struggles with what to say, "I just-well-I miss you." The words tumble out of his mouth.

Isabella's heart gets all warm inside because missing someone means more than just a word. When a person misses someone, that someone means enough to the person to feel some sort of absence in their life. She realizes that is the off feeling she's been having recently. Just missing him.

"I miss you too, Xander...but we can still hang out. I still want to spend time with you." She tails off. She can do that right? Spend time with Xander and have it be completely platonic, no tension, no kissing him? Wait maybe she should revoke that invitation.