10

F romance.

Isabella thinks those two words to herself as she lays in bed on this Saturday morning, the sun shining through her curtains. Why does romance have so much damn power, she questions. How is it able to affect her so much, that she thinks about it subconsciously, having dreams about a certain Alexander?

"Ugh." She groans.

The mere thought of his name creates butterflies in her tummy, and this frustrates her to no end. She's sick of this. Just sick of it. Alexander is not allowed to make her feel vulnerable. It's crazy, yet wonderful, what romantic feelings can do. Isabella wants him, and she's beginning to think irrationally because of it. She can't hold back. How she wants to, though. Oh how she wants to stay distant and stand her ground. Make him be honest with her, before he has any chance with her.

But before she knows it, she's clicking a number from her recently received calls.

"Isabella?" Xander says, clearly surprised, but happy, by her call.

"Damnit." She whispers the word aloud, accidentally. She didn't even fully realize what she was doing until he picked up the phone and she heard his wonderful voice.

Xander speaks, confused, "Did you call by mistake?"

Isabella sighs, "No, I suppose not."
She answers honestly.

"I'm glad you called, it's amazing to hear your voice in the morning."

Isabella rolls over in her bed, her movements attempting to tell the butterflies to stop flying. She imagines waking up in his arms, hearing his sultry morning voice say good morning to her.

Isabella holds her tongue for a little, but suddenly can't hold the request in any longer.

"Come over, please?" She whispers.
Isabella shuts her eyes, nervously awaiting an answer.  She feels so vulnerable putting her request out there.

"Are you sure you want me to?"
Xander isn't sure what to do. Obviously, he would be there without thought. He'd climb mountains if Isabella asked. However, he knows Isabella's body is arguing with itself. Her mind is telling her to keep their relationship platonic, as she doesn't want to progress, until she knows why he told her he should not have kissed her that night. On the contrary, her heart feels the bond and it wants the love Xander can offer. Right now, she's speaking with her heart, not her mind. However, that's what love is all about isn't it; thinking with your heart? But people can be fools, and doing just that can get one hurt.

Love; proceed with caution.

She shakes her head, "Don't give me the option to think about it. For once, I'm not going to overthink. Please come over. I'll send you my address." And with that, she hangs up the phone, then text him her home address. She certainly is not proceeding with caution.

"Isabella," she says to herself, holding her phone to her chest, "what on earth did you just do?"

••

Isabella paces nervously, now doing all the thinking she refused to do earlier. What the hell was she thinking, inviting the boy she dreams about to come over? She's never had a boy over by himself! What are they even supposed to do? Part of her wishes her dad didn't leave early this morning to visit family. If he was here, he could kick Xander out when he arrives. He sure as hell would do just that if he knew his daughter invited a boy over.

RISKOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara