Depression!

Today was yet another day when I saw him, Nick. Looking as handsome as ever. I couldn't possibly believe my luck when he came and spoke to me, when he smiled at me.

I was sitting under a tree; drawing, in the fresh breeze of early winter, when a football came and stopped next to me. Someone ran and came towards it as I looked up, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was him.

"I am so sorry to disturb you." He said with a 1000 megawatt smile.

I composed myself from going googly eyes on him and replied "I-its fine."

He bent down to get the ball and because of the close proximity I could smell his cologne. It smelled like vanilla and musk. When he got back to standing, he said "Hey! My name is Nick. I have seen you around sitting here every day with that sketch book. If you don't mind me asking, can I see your work?"

I could feel my face heating up as I shook my head and mumbled "They aren't that good."

"I am sure they are perfect. Pretty please."

I sighed and nodded as I raised my hand towards him with the sketch book in my hands. He grinned and took it from me. I nervously scooted as he came and sat next to me after throwing the ball back to his friends.

I looked around in apprehension as he went through my sketches, analyzing them. I looked at his face and found myself gazing at him. His brown hair swept with the wind giving a messy look, his chocolate brown eyes twinkle merrily as he went through my sketch book and most of all, the awestruck look on his face.

My drawings weren't good enough for this look but it made me feel warm thinking that he likes something I did.

He whistled and muttered "Damn! You have some mad skills. These all have such perfect strokes and the shading is so beautifully done. Do you take art as your course?" I shook my head no and said "I like drawing and sketching as a hobby. I don't want to pursue it as a career and also, we don't have good art tutors."

He chuckled and looked into my dull blue eyes and said "Your sketches signify something, they all have a meaning." I nodded not being able to say anything.

How can someone look hot and adorable at the same time? He broke the eye contact and gave me back my book. I mumbled thanks as he stood up and said "It was nice meeting you..."

"Nicole." "Yes. It was nice meeting you Nicole. Hope to see you around."

He grinned and waved at me while walking back to his friends. I did a small shy wave back and took a deep breath.

Oh God! I am so stupid and shy around him. Why can't I be like the other girls of our college? What must he think of me when I stuttered and mumbled?

I look up and saw him playing football again with his friends, with a delightful grin on his tanned face.

I went through my drawings and stopped at the one he was tracing with his hands. It was a girl, hugging her knees and her wings rotten or broken. 

I remember, I made this when my twin died. And yes he was correct about one thing, that all my sketches do signify something and that is; depression.  

......................................

Nick: Francisco Lachowski

Nicole: Barbara Palvin

Thanks for reading. Please comment, vote and share.