Chapter 18

It was later in the evening and Frost was no longer around. By this point I had eaten the whole gallon of ice cream and had decided to not watch anymore movies. I had just wanted to sleep and hope that everything that happened was a dream.

I had laid in bed for a while, and thought about things that would make me feel better, right now I just needed time.

Then a very long and colorful conversation with Mori.

The doorbell had ring a few times and just to make sure I didn't open it to find said boy, I would check out my bedroom window and I wouldn't  answer it since it was usually always him. I knew I was being childish about the whole situation but sometimes that's just what you need.

My parents came home not long after that from work and smiled towards me as I made my way down the stairs to them.

"Hey guys, how was your day?" I questioned. They shrugged and dad made a sandwich while mom plugged her phone into the wall.

"It was just work, tired and exhausted as usual" mom replied, then a look of realization dawned on her.

"Oh! I forgot to ask, Mori was walking away from the door, he asked us where you were...is there something going on?" she asked suspiciously and raised an eyebrow.

"Uh no, I'm ok" I said and she shook her head "honey, you know you can't lie to me, you're awful at it" she had a light-hearted chuckle.

"I just don't want to talk about it right now..." I avoided her gaze. She sighed walking over to me and hugged me.

"Just know that no matter what you can tell me anything" she stroked my hair a few times then placed a kiss on my forehead.

My dad was immediately onto me as she walked out of the room.

"Was it your boyfriend? What did he do? What do I need to do?" he emphasizes 'I' when he's talking.

"No dad, I'm perfectly fine," I respond surely "I'm going to head to bed now, just you know exhausted, so I love you and goodnight" I gave him a hug and no chance to respond then my mom and went to bed.

Next morning Frost showed up when I had to leave and he walked with me.

"You look like you died, came back, died, then came back again" he said playfully.

"You're a great friend, you know that?" I sarcastically replied. I didn't sleep all that well the night before, All I could do is toss and turn while crying.

And this boy had the audacity to chuckle and smile all happy and upbeat like his usual self.

You're being selfish.

Damn straight! I told the voice in my head.

Well stop it! You're bumming everyone out!

I sigh in defeat knowing the voice was right. I tried to smile, and it worked but only as the mask I was too tired to wear.

For about 2 seconds the mask stood.

That was until I saw the source of my heartache and it came down crumbling. Frost stiffened as I did, out of the corner of my eye I could see him glance between the two of us. My heart started beating fast, tears stung my eyes, and I started to fidget in anxiety.

"You ok?" he whispered. I shook my head and my throat formed a ball that made it hard to speak.

"Please hide me" my voice cracks and I stand behind his tall figure.

"Ok just keeping walking, stay in my pace" he replies.

"Frosty-chan! Hey! Over here!!"

Honey NO!