Chapter 23

Chapter 23

(Ella's POV)

It took us a very long time to reach where we had to be. We had walked for so long, my feet had developed calluses. All of us were very exhausted when we reached the Atlantic Ocean. It wasn't what I had pictured it would look like. In books, I would see drawings of the ocean. It was beautiful, and place I had longed to see for much of my life. There is no longer water. It's rock, bare rock. It's dry and there is no rain or moisture in the air.

I wiped sweat off of my forehead as I walked over to my temporary tent. It really is hot out here. As I stepped inside, I almost walked right over Harry who was laying on the ground practically naked. I knelt down next to his face, and poked his shoulder gently.

"Why are you naked, Harry?" I asked him, and he opened one eye with a smile.

"It's liberating, okay?" he defended himself. I simply shook my head.

"We are going to battle soon and you're laying around naked," I laughed, and stepped over him to go grab a cloth next to my bed. "I'm going to the creek to see if I can cool off."

"Can I come with you?" Harry shot up, suddenly seeming to be awake.

"If you get dressed, yes," I teased him, and walked outside of the tent. I gave him a minute to get clothes on and we left together. It took us about 5 minutes to reach the creek. Harry stripped off down to these thin shorts he wore and I did the same. We both jumped in. It was relaxing to cool off in the heat of the day. After a few hours of swimming, we got out and sat on the grass.

"So how do you feel about the war that's going to take place?" Harry asked me. I thought about it for a second before answering.

"Scared. Is that okay?...to be scared?" I asked him, and Harry gave me a sweet smile, I guess to reassure me.

"It's very okay. You're human," he shrugged, and I just rolled my eyes.

"Except I'm not supposed to be human. I'm supposed to be a goddess. A brave one that fights demons and saves the world from destruction forever," I sighed, laying back. For a world that has fallen apart, the grass was soft and the sky was blue. It was almost like it wasn't bare of life.

"If it makes you feel any better, you've done a great job so far," Harry smiled, looking at me. His hair was overgrown, and it made him look cute. Did I just say cute? Mental slap across the face.

"Maybe we should head back," I cleared the thoughts of Harry from my head, and he looked a little surprised for a second, but got up as well. I honestly need to stop.

' ' '

(Harry's POV)

"Are you sure this is going to work, Ella?" I asked her, holding her hand. I am worried about this.

"Of course. She is my 'sister', right? I'll be back soon, I promise," Ella smiled at me. She closed her eyes, and I watched her as she slipped into sleep.

"How are we supposed to know when we're battling Aislinn?" Ella asked, and we all shook our heads. None of us know, either. I guess we just hadn't thought that far into this. How ignorant of us. "I think I might have a solution."

"And what would that be?" Olivia asked, intently listening to Ella. I can tell that Olivia doesn't quite believe in Ella as much as the rest of us do. I mean, I don't blame her. Ella couldn't hurt a fly.

"I can talk to her, through my dreams. We'll decide on something and I'll wake up and inform you," Ella explained, and everyone gasped. Olivia looked disgusted with her suggestion. Olivia is kind of a non-believer in Ella being Charisma, and all. It's ridiculous, but oh well. 

It was hours before Ella woke up. She was calm. Collected. She simply leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Seven days." Then she collapsed onto the bed. Searching for Aislinn must have been exhausting. I kissed her forehead softly.

"Goodnight, Ella. Thank you," I whispered in her ear before running to tell Cedric.

************

lol finally put some more harry's pov in here lol sorry for the short chapter. i'll be putting a new story soon, so you should follow me so that you can know! :D

Love,

~B~xx