Chapter 15

so basically like a few months ago briana introduced me to this show called drop dead diva if you watch it i love you but anyways so i just started season four today and in the second episode, greyson said that deb's fave song was unchained melody by the righteous brothers so i decided to look it up and now briana and i are obsessed with it omg go listen to it it's an old song but it's amazing

*****************************

Chapter 15

(Ella's POV)

We walked for quite a while after running into the abbadon, which I hope is something I never have to encounter again.

"Do you know any songs, Ella?" Harry asked me. I shook my head.

"No, I don't know any. I wish I could. Aislinn probably outlawed music," I shrugged. He chuckled.

"You want to learn a song?" he asked me. I nodded excitedly.

"Is it one of yours?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"No, it's by this group with a similar name to ours," he explained, "They were called OneRepublic."

"Oh, what was yours again?" I asked. My memory is poor, if you haven't noticed already.

"One Direction," he replied. I laughed.

"They are close. Okay, go ahead and teach me," I requested. He spent the next several hours teaching me the song as we walked through the forest. He told me my voice was pretty, but I had no idea. I've never heard a woman sing anyways. Hearing myself string my words together like them was interesting, but I didn't think I was that great. I think my voice is just mediocre, which is okay with me.

"Okay, sing the song. Do you remember it?" he asked me. I nodded. It was surprisingly easy for me to memorize it.

"Woke up in London yesterday, found myself in a city near Piccadilly. Don't really know how I got here. I got some pictures on my phone, new names and numbers that I don't know, address to places like Abbey Road. Day turns to night, night turns to whatever we want. We're young enough to say, 'Oh, this has gotta be the good life. This has gotta be the good life. This could really be a good life, good life.' Say, 'Oh, got this feeling that you can't fight, like this city is on fire tonight. This could really be a good life, a good, good life.'

"To my friends in New York, I say hello. My friends in LA, they don't know where I've been for the past  few years or so. Paris to China to Colorado. Sometimes, there's airplanes I can't jump out. Sometimes, there's bullshit that don't work now. We all got our stories, but please tell me what there is to complain about. When you're happy like a fool, let it take you over. When everything is out, you gotta take it in. 'Oh, this has gotta be the good life. This has gotta be the good life. This could really be a good life, good life.' Say, 'Oh, got this feeling that you can't fight, like this city is on fire tonight. This could really be a good life, a good, good life.'

"Hopelessly, I feel like there might be something that I'll miss. Hopelessly, I feel like the window closes oh-so-quick. Hopelessly, I'm taking a mental picture of you now, 'cause hopelessly, the hope is we have so much to feel good about. 'Oh, this has gotta be the good life. This has gotta be the good life. This could really be a good life, good life.' Say, 'Oh, got this feeling that you can't fight, like this city is on fire tonight. This could really be a good life, a good, good life.'

"'Oh, yeah. Good, good life. Good life, oh.' Listen, my friends in New York, I say hello. My friends in LA, they don't know where I've been for the past  few years or so. Paris to China to Colorado. Sometimes, there's airplanes I can't jump out. Sometimes, there's bullshit that don't work now. We all got our stories, but please tell me what there is to complain about," I finished the song. All the boys applauded as we continued walking. We then came across something that surprised us all. A gorge. A large one at that.

"How are we going to cross this?" Louis asked, looking doubtful. I looked to my left and right. It crossed in front of us as far as the eye could see.

"Look!" Liam pointed out to our right. There was a worn away wooden bridge place right there held only by some strands of rotting rope. We walked up to it, and Harry decided to go first. On the first step, the wooden board broke.

"I don't think this is the safest way across," Harry commented. Niall pushed on the wooden pole on the side just a little, and the whole bridge went crashing down the gorge.

"Whoops," he chuckled. I just shook my head. How are we going to get across? I looked over a little, and there were some tall rock columns jutting out from the bottom of the gorge. It's a long shot, but it's all we have.

"Over there," I said. Harry nodded, and we moved over a little to begin crossing it. I went first this time, but Harry had a hand on my waist the entire time, trying to help me. Once Zayn, the last to go, touched the first column, it began crumbling. We sprinted to the other side, and I was helping people cross. Right before the last column went crashing down, I jumped to the other side. I landed on top of Harry, and I felt nervous as soon as our eyes met. He smirked, but I jumped off. What was that?

************

you are so welcome.

Love,

~B~xxx