Chapter 20

can't believe i'm already to chapter 20!! :D

***********

Chapter 20

(Ella's POV)

"Focus, Ella," Zayn instructed. My mind was wandering to my family. I miss them...a lot.

"Zayn, I can't do this," I scoffed, pulling my eyes from the driftwood on the ground.

"Yes, you can, Ella!" he yelled at me, and for a second, I got scared. He cleared his throat. "Sorry. You just have to believe in yourself. You're our only hope."

I nodded, and gazed at the driftwood intently. It didn't move, no matter how much I tried.

"Alright, let's go back to meditation," he commanded, and we both sat on the ground. "Focus, Ella."

I closed my eyes, in an attempt to focus. My mind only thought about three things. Harry, my family, and Aislinn.

"Ella, what is with you today?" Zayn asked, and I hung my head down.

"I'm sorry, Zayn," I mumbled, and he sighed. I looked up for a brief second to see him running a hand through his hair.

"It's alright. Let me go get Harry," he sighed again before standing up and walking away. I sat there for a while, just picking at the grass.

What's taking them so long?, I asked myself. Finally, Harry came into view. Zayn wasn't there. I quickly stood up as he approached me.

"So, I heard that you are having problems today," Harry smiled as he looked down at me.

"I can't seem to focus," I sighed, blowing out air slowly.

"It's alright. You have to learn how to control yourself so you can focus at anytime," he explained. I nodded. "Have you ever had a confession?"

"What do you mean?" I asked. A confession? Do I have to confess everything to him?!

"There once were religions. Do you know what those are?" he asked me, and I nodded slowly. I've read about them. "I was part of a religion called Catholocism, which means I believed in God and Jesus."

"God and Jesus?" I asked him.

"That's a whole other explanation. Honestly, it's nothing you need to worry about. They don't exist, anyways," he replied, and I nodded. I don't understand why he mentioned it then decided to not explain. Whatever. "Catholics always used to go to their religious leader and confess all of the bad things they've done. It might clear your conscience."

"It's worth a shot. So, I just confess everything weighing on me right now?" I asked, and he nodded. I took a deep breath, and my mind went back to every bad thing I've ever done...ever. We sat there for hours, me confessing everything that had ever weighed me down.

"Are you done?" Harry finally asked, and I nodded. He laughed, and gave me a hug, which surprised me. His touch made my skin tingle, even long after he pulled away from me.

"Are you going to confess to me?" I asked, and he looked at me for a second before nodding.

"Sure. There's really only been one thing that's really gnawed at me ever since my last confession, which was right before coming here. Ella, please forgive me for this," Harry looked at me, his eyes welling up with tears.

"For what? You can tell me, Harry," I put a hand to his shoulder.

"I slept with your older sister," he whispered. Slept with?

"What do you mean? You slept next to her?" I asked, not really getting how 'sinful' that is.

"No, Ella!" he yelled, and I pulled away from him. He sighed before stating, "I had sex with her."

"Sex?!" I jumped up, yelling.

"Ella, will you forgive me, please? I'm so sorry. I was upset. It was when you were in your coma," he explained, and I nodded.

"It's alright. I'm just a little shocked, you know?" I replied, and he nodded.

"I'm sorry," he stated finally, before crossing his legs and shutting his eyes in an attempt to meditate. I sat in front of him, and did the same. Before I knew it, we were both in our own worlds of meditation.

************

so yeah he told her that's awk

Love,

~B~xxx