11

a/n: this chapter and the next are kind of a part one and part two. Even though Mats and Robert aren't heavily involved, it's crucial to the story, so I would advise you to read them even if you couldn't care less :)

//

"Oh my goodness, Carina. You look horrible. What happened?" Robert had been heading towards the campus store and Carina towards the Delta house when they crossed paths.

Carina looked up at him and let out a breath. "Robert, please. I shouldn't even be talking to you right now."

"What?"

She shook her head. "Never mind. I fell down the stairs. I'm just going to go home."

"Carina, what really happened? Come on, you can talk to me."

"No, I can't." Carina closed her eyes and let out a breath. Bridgette will kill me, she thought. It's too risky. She could be anywhere. Her head was swimming. She probably had a concussion from the way Bridgette had slammed her head against the locker. Robert gasped, then grabbed a hold of her as she began to fall over.

"Carina? Carina, did you hit your head? Shit." Robert picked her up, bridal style. "You have to stay awake. I think you have a concussion. Can you hear me?"

Carina nodded. "I did hit my head," she muttered. "I just need to lay down."

"I'm going to take you back to my place. Okay?"

"No."

"No?"

"No, don't. Please." Carina wiggled her legs, but it was no use—Robert was too strong for her.

"Did someone do this to you?" Robert was running now, though he was barely breathless as he spoke.

Carina sighed. "I told you, no." She forced her eyes open, then closed them. Her head was pounding. "I fell."

"No staircase here is that steep." Robert entered his house, then brought Carina to the kitchen. He set her on the counter and watched as Alessandro rushed in, curiously. She frowned. Isn't he supposed to be in class?

"What's wrong?"

"Something happened to her. Can you hold her upright? She has a concussion. If she passes out, something worse could happen."

Alessandro made his way to Carina, frowning as he placed a gentle hand on her waist. "Carina, what happened?"

Carina shook her head. "I fell. It's no big deal."

"From what, the top of a building? Us boys, we're not stupid. Tell us the truth, tesoro."

Carina shook her head, blushing at the term of endearment. "That is the truth."

Alessandro sighed. "Fine. But if we find out otherwise, Carina, we'll be very upset."

"Okay."

"I'm going back to our room, Robert. I have a ton of homework." Alessandro turned back to Carina and stroked her cheek. "I hope you get better," he spoke, before exiting the kitchen.

Robert moved in front of her. "I'm going to wipe your face with saline. It might sting, alright?"

Carina nodded before closing her eyes again. Robert leaned close to her, pressing his hands to her bare thighs and watching her gasp. "Robert—"

"Relax," he mumbled, easing them apart. She stared down at him from her spot on the counter, astonished and flustered as he moved in between her thighs. "I just need to get as close to you as possible."