Maybe one day

Vanessa's pov
I was waiting for Gray to come. Roni left 5 minutes ago. I didn't want to be alone with him but he really wanted to. I heard the doorbell so I walked and opened the door.
"Hi" I said as i opened the door.
"Hey" Gray said and pulled me in for a hug. He didn't let go. I was kind of flattered that someone wanted to be with me so much.
"Okay Gray" I said and pulled away.
"Sorry" he said and walked upp to my room. "Are we alone?"
"Um Yeah" I said a little curious.
"Cool" he then said. "So what do you want to do?"
"I dont know, it was you who wanted to come" I said and sat down on my bed.
"Um Well" Gray said and sat down next to me. "I want to talk to you about something"
"Yeah?" I asked. I kind of knew it was about.
"So I wanted ask you if you wanted to go out with me?" He asked and looked into my eyes. I didn't know what to say so I said the thing i first thought of but I knew would hurt the most but.
"Maybe one day".
"When will you stop saying that?" He said starting to get mad.
"I dont know, when I'm ready" I said back also starting to get mad. Gray stood up and walked around in the room.
"I can't wait forever" he said as he was walking.
"Then don't" I said and stood up. He walked and stood infront of me. He was really close.
"But I want to!" Gray said and put his hands on my arms. I didn't know what to say. "I want to wait for you because I want to be you". Now I really didn't know what to say. I've never been in a situation like this before. I said what I thought.
"I dont know what to say"
"Then dont say anything" he said and pulled me in for a hug. We stood there for what felt like hours. Then we just talked for a bit and then he left. I was waiting for Roni so we could decide what video we will do for this thuseday and to tell her what happened today. I heard someone open the door.
"Hello?" Roni shouted from the door.
"Hi" I said running down the stairs.
"So, what did you do?" Roni asked exited.
"Um we talked and he said that he wanted to wait for me but that he couldn't wait forever" I answered.
"Then don't let him" Roni said as I followed her to the kitchen.
"What?" I asked.
"Dont let him wait. Go tell him right now" Roni said and took an apple. She turned around to look at me.
"But I'm not ready yet" I said thinking about what happened to my last boyfriend.
"Nessa It's been mounths, you cant be alone forever" Roni said.
"Says the girl who's been alone for years" I said in my defense but got totally ignored.
"And I'm pretty sure it wont happen again. Gray would not do it".
"But what if? None of us thought Aaron would cheat on me but he did. After four years" I started crying. Roni pulled me in for a hug.
"You can't think about that forever, you have to try at least." Roni said as she let go.
"Okay, I will" I said.
Our parents came home and we made dinner. I went to sleep early just to think. I didn't fall asleep in hours.