chapter twelve

"Simon, Eric's asked me if he could call me Mumma," Amanda spoke as she climbed into bed eight weeks later in England. It was getting harder to get into bed every night for Amanda, luckily she was supposed to be due in four weeks time. Knowing that Hollie came a couple of weeks before she was due, Amanda would most likely give birth a couple weeks before her actual due date at the end of October, close to November.

"He did?" Simon asked in response. "What did you tell him, love?"

"I told him that he can call me Mumma, Simon. You should have seen his face when I made the decision. It completely lit up," Amanda replied. "It was the sweetest thing that he's ever asked me, love."

"Hollie asked me a similar thing today, Amanda. She asked if she could call me Dad," Simon said, turning so he could place a hand on Amanda's stomach.

"Did you say yes?" Amanda asked.

"Yes, I did," Simon replied. "She can call me Dad now but what does she call Chris?"

"She doesn't see him much anymore but I think that she still calls him Daddy," Amanda said, placing her hand on top of Simon's. The baby kicked at Simon's hand and he smiled.

"I still haven't gotten used to that," he said, grinning from ear to ear.

"You've got four weeks until we see our baby girl. We still need to pick out a name for her," Amanda reminded.

"We need something that flows together," Simon commented. "I like the name Norah or should we give her my mother's name as a tribute?"

Simon's mother, Julie, had passed away two years previously and she had been such a big part of Simon's life that it made sense to Amanda that he would suggest Julie as a name for their daughter.

"I do like the name Julie, Simon. Maybe that as her middle name but I can't really think of any first names that flow nicely with it. We should try using her maiden name," Amanda said. "You said it was Brett one time, right?"

"Yeah," Simon responded. Simon had his phone out and was looking at baby names using Julie as a middle name. "How about Logan or Madison using Brett as her middle name?"

"Logan Julie Cowell doesn't have the same ring to it as Madison Brett Cowell," Amanda replied to Simon.

"Madison Brett Cowell it is then," Simon responded, putting his phone down. "I like it."

"I can't wait to see our baby girl, love," Amanda said.

"We'll be able to hold her and love her in four weeks, Amanda," Simon reminded.

"I want her out now. She's starting to make me uncomfortable in almost all sleeping positions that I can do," Amanda replied.

"Soon you can sleep comfortably, love."

"And she's making me a furnace but she's keeping me warm so I'm not going to complain about that!" Amanda said.

Simon laughed at what Amanda had said. "And Madison's making cuddling a bit harder."

Simon got up suddenly from bed, went to where Amanda was laying and held out his hand while saying, "may I have this dance, love?"

Simon had music playing through the speakers in his and Amanda's bedroom and they were playing Elton John's Your Song.

"You may." Amanda got up from bed with Simon's help and they began to slow dance.

"It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide, I
Don't have much money but boy, if I did
I'd buy a big house where we both could live." Simon was singing along to the song as he and Amanda danced. Amanda smiled as he danced with her. Simon could be truly romantic

"If I was a sculptor but then again, no
Or a man who makes potions in a traveling show
Oh, I know it's not much but it's the best I can do
My gift is my song
And this one's for you." Amanda loved Elton John's Your Song so she was singing along as well. She couldn't help but sing along. Simon danced with her and she rested her head against his chest as they danced.

"And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done," Simon sang softly to Amanda as he twirled her around.

"I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind
That I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world." Simon was as good as a slow dancer as he was a kisser so Amanda was loving every minute of it.

"I sat on the roof and kicked up the moss
Well, a few of the verses, well, they've got me quite cross
But the sun's been quite kind
While I wrote this song
It's for people like you that
Keep it turned on." Simon sang the song to Amanda like he had wrote it just for her as they slow danced.

"So excuse me forgetting
But these things, I do
You see, I've forgotten
If they're green or they're blue
Anyway, the thing is, what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen." Simon and Amanda danced around their bedroom, Amanda resting her head on Simon's chest as they did so.

"And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but
Now that it's done." Simon twirled Amanda around their bed as he sang softly to her. It was late and the kids had been put to bed over two hours ago.

"I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind
That I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world
I hope you don't mind
That I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world." The song finished, much to Amanda's dismay. She had wanted to keep dancing because of how romantic and sweet it had been. Simon led Amanda back to their bed and kissed her as he helped her sit back down.

"I love you so much, Amanda," Simon said before he kissed her again.

Amanda allowed him to deepen the kiss, kissed him back, and said, "I love you too, love."

《○○○○○》

Hello guys! I want to thank you for getting this fanfic to 1.26k reads this week! I fangirled so much when I saw that it had reached 1.25k that I started screeching quietly as I was on the road walking back from the library. So what do you think of this chapter and what do you think will happen next?

Only three more chapters left, including the epilogue. I've been thinking about writing a sequel focusing on Simon and Amanda's daughter. What do you think of her name? I love it and it was worth the time I spent trying to find the perfect name. I'm starting school on Tuesday and the update schedule will remain as it is. Bye until the next chapter or one shot I publish!