chapter nine

"Amanda?" He asked.

Simon's eyes were red and glittered with unshed tears. He had bags under his eyes, indicating he had not slept much since Amanda's accident.

Amanda tried to shift herself to sit up but found that she couldn't. A thick layer of bandages was at her left hip, stopping her from sitting up completely. Simon pressed a button by Amanda's bed and a nurse came bustling through that helped Amanda to raise herself until Amanda was half laying down and half sitting up.

"Better?" Simon asked after the star-struck nurse left. Amanda could only nod her head yes, for she was being prohibited from talking by the tube in her mouth.

•••••

Amanda's hospital room became very busy the afternoon she had regained consciousness. Simon had to step out of the room to field phone calls from television networks and even James Cordon and Ellen Degeneres as well as Mel B from America's Got Talent.

As Simon was dealing with one of the calls, Amanda was rolled off in her bed and into surgery to have the breathing tube removed. Amanda was glad to have it gone but it had made her voice extremely hoarse and her throat was sore after it was removed.

Amanda didn't dare to use her voice until after dusk had fallen and Simon shut off his phone so they could spend time together.

"Simon?" Amanda heard herself ask hoarsely. "Did you really stay by my side for the entire two weeks I was unconscious?"

"I did." There was no hesitation in Simon's voice as he continued, "i stayed with you because I love you, 'Manda. I never gave up hope that you would wake up, love."

"Really?" Amanda asked, although she didn't doubt him for a minute.

"Yes." Simon's answer was quick and he didn't hesitate.

•••••

A few days later, Simon was laying with Amanda in Amanda's hospital bed.

"Simon, what has the press said about me since the accident?" Amanda asked curiously. The hospital hadn't allowed Amanda to use her phone much and Amanda couldn't get good enough WiFi on her phone to look up her name on the internet.

"The hospital released statements about your condition everyday but I've had my input into the statements," Simon replied.

"What have you said in the statements then, Simon?" Amanda asked, genuinely curious as to what Simon said about her.

"Well," he responded. "I've said that my beautiful girlfriend is getting better everyday and she's getting the best treatment the hospital provides."

Amanda leaned over and kissed her boyfriend and said, "I love you, Simon. You really think I'm beautiful at five and a half months pregnant?"

"I love you too and of course I do! You're gorgeous, Amanda," Simon replied and gave Amanda a kiss back and rubbed her stomach through the covers of the hospital bed.

Amanda's stomach had gotten bigger than before she had been unconsious. She was now around five months and three weeks so her stomach and breasts were beginning to grow even bigger.

The baby kicked as Amanda placed her hand on top of Simon's and she asked, "Would you read me something that the press has said about me, love?"

"I can," Simon said as he got his phone out of one of the back pockets of his jeans. He turned the phone on and typed in his password. "What day do you want me to read one from?"

"The early days after the accident," Amanda said, giving a vague answer to Simon's question. "Any day after the accident that first week I was unconscious."

"How about the third day that you were comatose?" Simon asked, pulling an article up online on his phone. The article was from some website Simon had found. "That was when I was really starting to give the press more detailed descriptions than what the hospital was saying about your condition then. And it was also when the hospital started to give reports on how you were doing, love."

"What does the report say then, Simon?" Amanda asked because Simon was trying to stall from reading the article to Amanda. "Let me read it!"

Amanda attempted to take Simon's phone from him but he held on to it while saying, "I'll read it to you, 'Manda."

He cleared his throat and began, "Amanda Holden has been in hospital for three days following a car crash coming home from an activity she was doing with other fellow Britain's got Talent judges, Alesha Dixon and David Walliams. Holden was found at the scene of the crash with a coumpund fracture of her collar bone, a dislocated hip, a collapsed lung that was discovered when she was admitted to hospital, and was found unconsious and bleeding.

"The crash was caused by her car apparently veering out of control from the pouring rain and another car hitting Holden's own. The pouring rain was what had caused the car that hit Holden's to also veer out. Holden's car was wrecked by the other.

"Not much is known about Miss Holden's condition other than what her boyfriend, Simon Cowell, has spoken. He has said '... [Amanda's] currently unconsious still and the doctors are treating her the best that they can. I'm not going to give up hope on her recovery because I know she can recover. My girlfriend is a fighter,'" Simon finished. He was tearing up again, and this time Amanda could see it.

"Simon, don't cry," Amanda said, wiping away his tears. She gave him a light kiss on the cheek and he gave her one in return.

"I didn't even notice I was crying," he responded, drying up the last of his tears himself.

"Love, I want to go to sleep. Will you hold me?" Amanda asked, turning to her side so Simon could spoon her.

"I'll never let go of you, love," Simon said, positioning himself so he could spoon Amanda better. He placed both of his hands on Amanda's pregnancy bump and let her sleep, falling asleep soon enough himself.

《○○○○○》

Hello guys! So this chapter is Amanda waking up out of her coma and the aftermath of it. Simon read to her what the hospital has released about Amanda and what he said in the statement. What do you think will happen next after this?

I don't want to sound needy but it would be awesome if we could reach 900 reads by next Friday. Tell your friends who also ship Simanda to read this if they're not already. Thanks for reading this chapter. Bye until next chapter!