Chapter sixteen - part A

Hey lovely readers!!

So its 11:55pm on Wednesday right now in Australia, and I'm uploading this now because I promised you I'd upload on Wednesday!! :)

So so sooo sorry for the wait, I really hope this chapter is worth it. I also hope that it makes sense... please tell me of any parts you feel dont make sense!! 

I hope you enjoy reading! Leave me a comment to tell me what you think, and vote if you think its worth it, yeah? :)

Love always,

Kate .xx

________________________________________________________________________

Louis stood in front of the mirror, sobs gone but breath still shaky, tears dry but eyes still puffy. He fixed his hair; flicking it to the side and running his hands through it to try and give it a bit of life. He sighed loudly, eyes scanning over his sad face in the mirror. But he needed to go back downstairs. He needed to face Harry. He just wouldn't literally show Harry his face, because it was evident that he had been crying. It's not like Harry would notice anyway - he didn't seem to notice that Louis had plastered on a smile and careless attitude just before. And if he did happen to notice, then Louis would say he got soap in his eye or something. That was believable... Wasn't it?

Not that it mattered though, because just as Louis thought, Harry didn’t notice Louis' tear-stained face. He didn't notice Louis' irregular breathing. He didn't even didn’t when Louis went and sat on a different sofa, instead if where he had been sitting beside - or rather, on top of him. He didn't care, and it made it even harder for Louis to put on a brave happy face.

They ate their breakfast in silence, music videos playing on the TV - not that either of them were paying much attention. Louis was too focused on trying to ignore the fact that Harry was ignoring him, while Harry was trying not to let it show how devastated he was that Louis chose not to sit back next to him. 

2 movies and 4 hours of awkward silence later, Harry retreated to bed. He nodded to Louis and bid him goodnight, trying his absolute best to hide the sadness and desperation in his eyes. He wanted to hug him, to give him a cuddle and sloppy kiss on the cheek, not just a meaningless "night man". But he couldn't, because he'd messed things up. He'd screwed it all up and he was stupid, stupid, stupid. He was an affectionate person, and not giving Louis a goodnight snuggle just felt wrong. He hated it. He hated the whole situation. He hated his stupid brain and useless heart. He hated Eleanor and her tempting ways. He hated the fact that Zayn didn’t hit him, because really, he deserved it. He hated everything.

But the one thing he didn't hate, could never hate, was Louis.

~*~

Two months later

"Quick, it's on now!!" Louis called from the lounge room.

"Eel, I'm coming!" Harry yelled back, grabbing the two steaming cups of tea from the counter and rushing to the lounge room as carefully as he can, in order not to burn himself. He passed a cup to Louis as he enter the lounge room, lifting the older boys legs from where they were taking up his end of the sofa, and plonked himself down. Louis positioned his legs back over Harry's lap, smiling in approval when Harry's arms came down to rest on his shins.

The happy tune of the X-factor theme song came rushing through the speakers as the show began, coming to an end to reveal Dermott O’Leary dressed in a posh suit. He greeted the audience and the judges, explaining to them what would be happening that night. It was love song night and Louis was more than excited to listen to his favourite contestant’s belt out incredible love songs. So much so, that he had leapt off the couch and began gesturing excitedly, guessing which love song each of his favourites would sing, his facial expressions matching his over-excited attitude. Harry giggled, wrapping his arms around the older boy’s waist and pulling him into his lap to stop him from bouncing around excitedly. Louis struggled against Harry's strong hold, but eventually gave up, relaxing into Harry's inviting chest. After all, the show was about to start.