Chapter 08: I'll Protect You, I'll Save You

Начните с самого начала

Eren shut his eyes tight, worried for the rejection he might receive. He didn’t know what led him to feeling this way, but he was sure of his feelings! He didn’t care about what other people would think… or the fact that either one of them might not come back one day. He needed to be with Levi.

“You brat…”

Just two words from the Corporal along with himself being pulled into said male’s warm embrace was enough to leave him smiling like an idiot. He could have sworn that Levi’s cheeks had a pinch of red hue dusting across.

~*~

“Levi! Today might really be the last fight for us…” Eren called to the man as a small breeze blew past him and toward the tall walls they were going to leave soon.

The male crossed his arms with a frown.

“This… will be the worst fight…” he looked down, allowing bangs to shadow the insecure look he had in his eyes. It would be the most dangerous…

Maybe it was just the clouds, but he could have sworn he saw light shining down on Eren as the teen extended an expectant hand for him to take.

“It doesn’t matter. As long as I have you, I feel like I can do anything. So let’s go together, heichou. And we’ll return together….so that we can finally start our life together. Let’s both come back alive for that dream. That’s a promise?”

~*~

“Please… I don’t want this to be the end for us… Promise me that we’ll meet again. Please…”

~*~

A single teardrop rolled down his cheek even as he lay there unconscious on the ground.

~*~

“I can’t believe Levi would just go off alone like that, with nothing to guide him?! Has he finally gone mad?” Hanji wondered with a look of dead worry. She kept pacing around the room after listening to Petra’s explanation. There was no way he would be able to find Eren like this, right?

“I believe he has a way.”

“What?!” Hanji whirled around in a gush, shocked at Erwin’s appearance. Her eyes landed on the file in his hands… and she frowned.

“Wait… don’t tell me… This case Levi was investigating…?”

“Exactly. He definitely would know where to find Eren right now…. And, so do we.” Erwin picked up his keys after casting a glance at Levi’s open office. Apparently the short male had decided to go without his car.

“Hanji, Mike, let’s go right now. We’ll assist Levi and close this case once and for all. You stay here to get some rest first, Miss Petra.”

~*~

BAM!

“Warghhhh!”

“Ahhhhhhh!!!!!”

“He’s here!!!!”

Dozens of screams and yells could be heard even from within the thick walls of his dimly lit office. But he didn’t feel threatened… for now. He still had many tricks up his sleeve, and with that trump card hidden, he was confident to win the round this time… But of course, this wasn’t a mere game, as much as he would have enjoyed it to be.

He needed to get Levi first…

Extinguishing the cherry of his cigar, he pulled out his phone and punched in a few digits to give out his next orders. Sure, the fun had just started. He just had to sit back and relax while he enjoyed the show.