Birthright (Reaper x Reader / Widowmaker x Reader)

(Y/A) -Your Age

(Y/M/N) - Your Mother's Name

Reaper-

They were as moody as he was so this should be fun to explain to them. He knew that they were expecting him to return with the Doomfist gauntlet as it did belong to their father but when they will discover that he had returned empty handed, it is going to be as worse than the time they were hit on by a Talon agent. They left that agent to bleed to death until the medical team found them. resulting in him having to have that idiot transfered to save his sorry butt from their rage.

"Gabe!" They screamed from behind him and he just knew that he was about to get the most pitiful expression in the world. 

"Gabriel, I saw Amelie walk in but she didn't greet me but I know you will. How was the heist at the museum? Did you get the gauntlet?" They asked as he sighed and prepared himself for their fury. 

"No (Y/N), we didn't get the gauntlet because of the stupid british brat and that overgrown monkey." He said and it was at that moment, they switched from excitement to rage.

"What do you mean you didn't get it?! Reyes, that is my birthright, i deserve to have it, not that stupid museum! It was my father's and I want it back!" They shouted and instead of what the others felt when they blew up, he blew up right back. 

"Oh, get off my back before I pump so much lead into you, you will be known as the person with living lead and not the child of Doomfist!" He screamed back and for a second, he saw an emotion that never really shows in them; fear.

"Gabriel, I just want my birthright back...I am tired of waiting, I have been waiting for (Y/A) to have my father's weapon. I am not strong, fast, smart or anywhere close to perfect like the others so I just want something that can make me better." They said in a small voice and he knew at that moment, their rage was a mask to cover their fear. He shook his head and put his hand on their head. 

"You really annoy me when you put yourself down, you know that. You are smarter than most of the agent here, you are quick at your own pace and I had to transfer an idiot because you beat them to a bloody pulp for catcalling you." He says as he make them look at his masked face.

"Don't worry, we just had a minor setback and were not calculated enough this time but I will promise you this, even if I have to make all the loose ends vanish, I will get that damned gauntlet, I hate losing and I will not fail this mission again, do you understand me?" He growls as they nod and for once in his life, he saw something that was rarely seen in their eyes; passion and understanding.

Widowmaker-

Her everything hurt and to make matters worse, she had part of her scope on her sniper destroyed by that damned gauntlet that she was sent to retrieve for the youngest member of Talon, (Y/N). They were the child of Doomfist and that gauntlet was their birthright and yet, she returned empty handed and was going to face the risk of seeing them upset.

Normally, they were emotionless and cold like she was but when it was discovered that her father's prize weapon was on display at the Overwatch Museum, she and Reaper were personally asked to go retrieve it for them and because Reaper was out for revenge more than the success of the mission, they agreed.

She sighed as both her and Reaper walked through the door but was not greeted by them as they usually were by them, making her worry. Did they hear that the mission was a failure and were off trying to do something stupid, surely not. "I have to go report to central command, you go to the medical bay." Reaper scowled under his mask, remembering how Amelie took the full force of the gauntlet to her body the moment that stupid child put it on, striking her down.

"I am fine, I need my scope fixed though." She tries to argue but before he could respond, they see the innocent face of them. It's hard to believe that Doomfist and (Y/M/N) could make something so dangerous yet innocent at the same time. 

"Reyes, Lacroix...are you both ok?" They ask and she could see that they were more worried about how the physical outcome was rather than the just rewards they were waiting for.

"Yeah, I am fine but Widowmaker got hurt by the gauntlet and is refusing to go to the medical bay, she is more worried about her sniper." Reaper replies before walking to the hall were the main office was. She silently cursed him and wished he would drop dead before she felt them grab her hand. 

"Come on, I will patch you up myself then I will personally fix your Sniper while you rest." They encouraged as she could see the worry in their eyes. She would not resist this time.

"Fine" she replied as they lead her to the medical bay and told her to sit before starting to bandage the few cuts on her arm. 

"I guess you can tell the mission was rather unsuccessful?" She asked as they nodded but smiled gently at her. 

"I heard and it's ok, I understand that you were lead into a trap yourself. I know you will get them next time." They smiled as she remembered the words she always say. 

"That's right, because the spider always get her prey."