Logan shook his head. "I knew she had been emailing you before she had the baby but I didn't realize she kept up with it. I'm happy. I know it's important to her that you and Dad are in Lora's life if you want to be."

At the mention of her ex-husband, Shira stiffened. "Has your father come?"

"No but I know he is very busy. I'm sure he will stop by again when he is in town."

"Again? He came by before?"

Logan hesitated briefly. "Dad came by after the divorce was final. He is who told me Rory had been emailing you. He more or less thanked me for having her keep I contact with you but I told him I had no idea she had been."

Something quickly passed through Shira's gaze. "I see."

Logan shifted his weight from his left leg to his right. "So...would you like me to show you the house?"

Shira nodded. Logan led her through the upstairs, pausing for several moments in Lora's room so Shira could look around and take in the world he and Rory were creating for their little girl. Once she was ready, they went downstairs to finish the tour.

Logan chose to show the living room last, solely because he knew Lora had been sleeping in there. Once he and Shira got to that room, though, he spotted Rory sitting cross legged on the sofa with the baby in her arms. He moved to his daughter, taking her into his grasp. Lora was bright eyed and full of smiles.

Closing the gap between himself and Shira, Logan watched his mother as she saw the baby in person for the first time. A smile stretched across her face and her eyes softened.

"Mom, I'd like you to meet Lora."

Shira wiped at a nonexistent tear before taking the baby from Logan. "Hello Lora, I'm your grandmother."

"What would you like her to call you?" Rory asked.

Hesitating, Shira thought for a moment. "I remember my Nana, my mother's mother. She was such a loving and gentle woman. I looked forward to seeing her because she had a way of making me feel special. I would like to be called Nana, if you don't mind."

Rory smiled. "Nana it is."

Looking at her son's fiancée, Shira smiled. "Thank you Rory. Honor never asked me what I wanted to be called. I was just immediately 'Grandma' to her kids."

Laughing, Rory explained. "I wanted to check with you because my mother said she'll never allow herself to be called 'Grandma' because it's too old for her youth."

Shira chuckled. "I suppose I understand. I sometimes find it hard to believe that my children now have children. It seems like just yesterday I learned I was pregnant with either of them."

The three adults cooed over the baby for a while longer before Rory said she wanted to head to the hospital to see her siblings. Logan stood to kiss his bride-to-be goodbye when Shira spoke up.

"Why don't you both go and I'll stay here with Lora."

Logan looked at Rory, his eyebrows raised. "What do you think, Ace?"

Rory smiled. "I think that would be great. We won't be gone too long."

Shira waved her hand. "Take all the time you need. Go out to dinner. Do some shopping. I will gladly stay here with this angel as long as you need me to."

Logan spied Rory's face, which was alight with joy. It was evident that Shira's sudden presence meant a lot to her. He touched Lora's hand and kissed her cheek. Rory did the same. They said goodbye to Shira and made their way to their SUV.

Once inside the vehicle, Rory looked at Logan. "What do you think possessed your mother to come here on a whim?"

"She thought I didn't want her to be a part of our lives."

"Why would she think that?"

Logan told her how Shira had called right after the news of Lorelai's accident came and how he regretfully forgot to call her back. "Although, it helped that you continued emailing her. I think you are the main reason she wanted to come. She wanted to meet Lora, yes, but you have made an effort to keep her included. For that, I have to thank you. I'm her own son and I haven't so much as called her in months."

"You've had a lot going on, Logan."

"I have? You're the one who gave birth and has been helping with your mom. I could have taken ten minutes while sitting at my desk to call mine and I didn't."

"She knows you didn't mean to hurt her."

"Yes, well, I think she thinks I'm turning into my father."

Rory laughed. "That certainly isn't the case. Your father would never have set up a home office to be close. He never would have let work things go to ensure his fiancée and child were settled. You aren't him Logan."

"Maybe that's why she wants to be here now. She doesn't want me turning my back on her like my dad did." Logan smiled and reached for Rory's hand. "I love you Ace."

"I love you too. Now get me to the hospital!"