Chapter Seventeen: The Birthday

Start from the beginning

“Okay,”

I turned to her but she stood up to leave, “Now, where are you going?” this time I asked her.

“It’s Aesha’s birthday today. I have to get to her house.”

Of course, and I’m not there. It’s bad news if Cylene, Aesha and I will be in the same room.

So I was back to brainstorming for gift ideas. I know I should give her something icy, cold or whatever that involves her powers, but how will I know if she’ll really like it or how will I know if I don’t pass out while wrapping it? I can’t even prevent it from melting.

I grabbed the black leather jacket Aesha gave me for Christmas and headed out the door moments after Cylene left.

~~~~~~~~~

I knocked on the door, so desperate to get help. I hope this is the right house.

Thankfully a girl with glasses and still in her pajamas opened the door. “Cole? What are you doing here?” She yawned, one hand on her hip.

I ran a hand through my hair, “Can I come in?”

She nodded and let me in. “You do know that Aesha’s birthday is today, right?”

I sat on the old couch, “Exactly why I came here. Can you help me think of a gift, Ken?”

She crossed her arms, “Whoa, Cole. Aesha told me you already had it all prepared. You persuaded her to let you give her a gift. And now you’re here in my house, asking for a gift idea.”

“I know, I’m stupid.”

She took a cup of coffee and sat cross legged in front of me. “You really like her, don’t you?” she snickered.

“Yeah,” I said, “Now the gift?”

Kennedy shrugged, “Just give her something cold, icy, snowy.” She took a sip from her drink.

“I want something more special.” I said, “something romantic.”

Her mouth made an ‘o’ shape, “I see…”

“So what now?”

“Wait, are you going to that party she’s attending?” she asked.

I replied, “Yep.”

“Then,” she thought, “probably dance with her during the party, stay with her, talk to her. That’s all you need to do.”

I cocked an eyebrow, “That’s it?”

“If you’re lucky, you two will be ending up kissing…”

Kissing her again…something I dreamt of doing since the first time I did that.

“Are you sure that would work?” I asked. She nodded, “You don’t have to give her material things to make her happy. Just give her the best time of your life.”

I sighed, is this really going to work?

~~~~~~~~~

Aesha’s POV

I twirled around in front of my mirror, is this girl on the mirror really me?

The white dress we bought it me perfectly and went along with the high heels. Mom had done my makeup nicely, it wasn’t that much. It was just red lipstick, little blush and some mascara. She also did a good job styling my hair: the tips were curled beautifully.

“Aesha, you look awesome!” Kennedy complimented.

I beamed at her, “Thanks Ken.”

My best friend was wearing a cherry red dress that went above her knees. It was sleeveless, and she wore a fiery red flower on her hair – which she styled up into a tight bun. Sadly, she should’ve taken off her glasses and wore contacts to make her look better. She didn’t wear makeup either.