nudes ➤ |❝bloody murder❞

nudes |

bloody murder

As the clock loudly ticked in the silent room, I found myself in a great daze.

     The thoughts from last night started flooding my mind. After I left the rooftop, I sobbed myself to sleep. I truly messed myself up. I knew that I wasn't capable of blackmail, especially blackmailing Max, the great one himself. I trapped myself in a box to where instead of his secrets coming out, mine would be instead. Jake didn't bother calling me last night either. He barely spoke to me, during our class time together and when we had a free period, he decided to go to the field to practice instead of being with me. Truly, I didn't want to face him. Knowing that I was holding a great secret from him kept me feeling miserable and just seeing him made things worse.

     A light tap on my shoulder took me out of a trance and I looked up at the smiling boy.

     "Hey," Nick said. "I'm not really good at math and I saw that you finished your paper first, so I was wondering if you could give me the answers."

     I gave him a good stare before pulling out my notebook and handed it to him. "All of my work is in the notebook, so you can just copy it fro-"

     "Excuse me," Mr. Adams, the math teacher, looked up from his desk. "is there a problem back there?"

     I groaned.

     "No, I was just helping Nick with a problem. He didn't understand the way you did the problem, so I thought it would be helpful if I showed him the way that I did it."

     "Yeah," Nick chimed in. "I thought it would be okay with you. All I see on the board is gibberish and her work is just-"

     "Mr. Nick, I think if you paid attention more than you would understand the work." The class all laughed at Mr. Adams' wittiness, causing Nick to give him an eye roll and a mumble of mean, unkind words. "But I guess since Ms. Savannah understood and finished the assignment, I'll allow it this time."

    I smiled and silently thanked Mr. Adams as Nick pushed his desk against mine. The classroom was once again filled with silence and I watched Nick copy my work to his paper.

    "You know," he began to softly whisper. "I know that you hate Stacey and Max together. Are you trying to get them to break up or something? I won't tell a soul because if you are then I would be totally down with that plan."

    "I don't care about Max and his sleazy girlfriend. I don't have time on my hands to plot their breakup." I scoffed.

     "Well, I know that you don't like Max that much, but you sure have been hanging out with him a whole bunch."

     "We work together, idiot!" I shouted. Everyone turned to face me and I sunk into my chair, embarrassed. Max gave me a look, but I avoided his eyes and paid attention to Nick.

     "No need to get all pushy. It was just a theory that I had in my head." he said, looking up from his paper.

     I felt myself getting red and tenser by the minute. I was cool with Nick, but playing the Forty Question game with him was insane. He silently finished copying the work before the bell rung for dismal. Everyone rushed to gather their belongings to get to next class. Nick handed me the notebook and thanked me before exiting the class. I grabbed my backpack and jacket before jetting out of there myself.

     I found Jessa at my locker, waiting for me with a smile on her face.

     "What's up with you?" I said, entering my combo before throwing my books and replacing them with another pair.

     "Oh nothing," she said in such a giddy manner. "I'm just a happy camper because I got some juicy tea."

     "Should I be concerned about this information?"

     "I mean if you wanna be concerned with it. It's just really juicy and if I told you then you would have the same expressions as me." she said, leaning against the lockers.

     "Okay, spill the tea then." I said, closing my locker.

     Jessa was about to open her mouth, but a loud, annoying laughter filled up my ears. Turning around, I saw Max and Stacey in the hallways with hands locked together so tight. I gagged aloud and Jessa groaned at the sight of them. Stacey gave me a look before pulling Max close to give him a kiss.

     I felt myself burning up inside. Just seeing them together made me want to punch a hole in the wall. It's not because I'm jealous of them, but they just get on my damn nerves. They're like that annoying couple that just doesn't belong together.

     Max noticed that I was looking and he gave me a grease smirk. I faked a smile before flicking him off. Jessa noticed our expressions and gave out a great laugh.

     "Chill Savannah, you're gonna have to walk with him during the wedding, so if I were you I would get on his good side. He might try to trip you or some shit." she said as I lead the way down the hall.

     "He doesn't scare me, Jessa. What's the worse that could happen? It's already an embarrassment that I have to walk with him in the first place." I said, laughing. "Now, before you were rudely interrupted, please spill that hot tea you were going to tell me."

    She cleared her throat before she continued on. "Apparently, Stacey is sneaking around with one of the players from the lacrosse team!" she exclaimed. I stopped in my tracks and looked at her.

     The smile that she had on her face immediately was wiped off and replaced with a serious one.

     "What's the matter? Why are you looking at me like I'm screaming bloody murder or something."

    "Lacrosse team? Jake is on the lacrosse team, Jessa."

     Her mouth began to shape the letter 'O' and tears began to form in my eyes. Could Jake be cheating on me with Stacey? Could Jake be cheating on me with anyone period? The thoughts of Max constantly teasing me about Jake were began to clearly play out in my mind. All of the pity excuses that he's been giving me lately. My so-called perfect boyfriend might be cheating on me with some trash whore that's been ruining my life since day one.

     "Well," Jessa said, quietly. "I don't know who it is, but I doubt Jake would be in that mess. He loves you way too much to stoop down to that level, Sav."

     "Yeah," I said. My eyes spotted him by his locker, surrounded by his lacrosse buddies. They were all laughing and play wrestling with each other. He noticed me and flashed a cheesy smile and wink. I gave him a sheepish smile before continuing to walk down the hallway with Jessa. "I hope he loves me enough."

1169 words | i hate filler chapters