nudes ➤ | ❝bug out❞

nudes |

bug out

Picking at my nails, I thought to myself that I might need to get a nice manicure for the wedding.

"Everyday, I come in here and you're not doing anything in this shop! Just because you're my son doesn't mean that you have some kind of special privilege to slack around and be an idiot." I heard Charlotte scream from her office.

The whole flower shop crew was surrounded by her office door, listening to her son get yelled at. I was by the register, trying to distract myself by organizing the different flower seeds, but I was failing miserably. Max was in deep trouble with his mom after she mysteriously found out about him leaving the other night with Stacey and his friends.

"Mom, can you just chill, okay? I don't even want to work here anymore! I hate flowers and it's so boring. I'm just trying to help you out." he said, causing all of us to look at each other.

"Twenty bucks Mrs. C fires him right now." Corbin, one of the employees, said to me. I just shrugged my shoulders and looked down at counter.

There was a great silence on the other side and we were all anticipating Charlotte's response. I had a sudden gut feeling she was going to cry because she's very sensitive like that, but then again if she lets Max go, we wouldn't be losing much. Work would probably be more interesting and less stressful for me. I wouldn't have to deal with the constant name calling and bickering. It would be less time I would have to see him.

"Put this apron on and get back to work. I don't care what you want to do. I'm your mother and what I say goes. You're going to continue to work in this shop whether you like it or not, and I'm not gonna hear a complaint from your mouth, understood?" she said.

We all started gasping and freaking out over her sudden boldness. Charlotte has never put her foot down like that with Max. She was always a lenient person, especially with her only son. She didn't like to have a hold on people and she didn't want to be considered as a mean mother. I guess this time she was just tired of being walked on and taken advantage of.

The door swung open, causing all of us to jump up and the people who were by the door to scatter everywhere, acting as if they weren't listening to the conversation. I laughed to myself and looked over at Max, who was already staring hard at me. I opened my mouth to say something, but he quickly made his way towards me, angrily stomping.

"You!" he shouted, causing everyone to now look in our direction. "You were the one who told my mom about the party, snitch. You don't know how to keep your fucking mouth shut. Just because everyone else has a life and you don't, doesn't mean you have the right to go and mess up everything."

I laughed, "Wow, you honestly think I have time to go and tattle tale on you, Max? I don't even have time to even think about your ass. You know, I don't even know why I even tried to save your ass in Spanish today. I'm so stupid for trying to be the nice girl to you. I should have known I was gonna be taken advantage of later on."

"Whatever." he mumbled and walked behind the counter, taking the next register to me.

Charlotte came out her office with her red puffy eyes, trying to smile. She looked around and she saw everyone working. She made eye contact with me and I flashed her a warm smile. She weakly sent one back and then looked at Max with a stern look. He didn't have a facial expression, but still she rolled her eyes and returned back into her office.