nudes ➤ | ❝childhood crush❞

nudes |

childhood crush

                                        I was sitting on the couch in the living room, doing homework when I heard a loud joyous scream coming from the kitchen.

     I jumped up and raced to the kitchen to find my mother hugging my cousin, Angelina and her fiancée, Rick. Sighing, I went over there to make myself known to them. Angelina gasped and raced to give me a great hug.

     "Well, well, you've gotten big, doll." she said, pulling away and taking a good look at me. I smiled and giggled. Angelina was one of the greats in our family.

     She was always doing big things with her life. She was one of New York's successful lawyers and was also a part time med student, helping out the local hospital when they needed her. Not to mention she was one of the prettiest girls in our family, always  winning first place in all of the local pageants she entered during her junior and high school career. Our family basically idolized her as if she was some kind of celebrity and now that she is  marrying a successful medical surgeon, she has hit the jackpot on fame.

     "Hopefully, you mean in height and not in weight." I said, shyly. Angelina smiled and I saw my mother laughing while she patted Rick on the back, who just tried to laugh along with her. I could tell he felt slightly uncomfortable. "So," I said, trying to start a different conversation. "I'm surprised to see you guys here, what's going on?"

     Angelina sighed and pulled Rick towards her, wrapping her arms around his waist. "I was looking for bridesmaids and I know I need someone special to be apart of my squad, so I was wondering if you would like to do the honors and be one of my bridesmaids."

     I gave her a puzzled look. When I was eight years old, I was a flower girl for my Aunt Lisa's wedding. Angelina was also a flower girl as well and we were supposed to be the cute little duo of the wedding. Me being the shy one wanted to back out the day of the wedding. Everyone was counting on me, but I could care less. I just wanted to be like everyone else and sit in the aisles, watching the ceremony. My mom threatened me that if I didn't do it then I would be grounded and I wouldn't be able to watch TV for a whole three months, and me being a little girl wasn't going to take that chance.

     Three minutes before we were supposed to go on, I loaded myself up with chocolate chip cookies and Skittles. Angelina told me to calm down with the eating, but I insisted that I was only eating to calm my nerves. When it was our turn to start walking down the aisle, I began to feel queasy. To make a long story short, there was vomit on the floor and Angelina's dress, an angry Aunt Lisa, and a memory that'll never die down in the family. After Angelina got cleaned up and changed into a tacky pair of jeans and her dad's old work shirt that was covered with paint, she vowed to me that I was never ever going to be apart of her wedding when it's her time to get married. Now it's finally her time to get married and everything has changed.

     "Are you kidding me?" I said, laughing. She nodded her head. "Yeah, I know what I said at Aunt Lisa's wedding, but I figured you would be a rocking bridesmaids now that you're mature."

     "Mature? Ha, you're so funny, Angie!" Cameron said, entering the kitchen. Angelina rolled her eyes and smiled at him.

"And Cam, I need you to be the ring bearer with baby John." 

     Cameron scoffed and looked at me, giving me an upset look. "Baby John?" He exclaimed. "I have to walk with a baby down the aisle? He's gonna take the spotlight away from me with all of the stumbling and wobbling he does."