Chapter 28 ~ Clingy

After a lot of thinking and debating with herself, Luna decided to go to the lacrosse game the next night. She hadn't really wanted to go since most of the school would be there, but if she didn't go, she would be letting her team down, and she couldn't do that to them. She and Liam had talked for a while the night before about how Alex was just an asshole and she shouldn't let him control her. She had finally realized that Liam was right.

Decked out in her lacrosse gear, Luna walked out to the field. She glanced in the bleachers, seeing Damian and Kenzie smiling down at her and holding up signs with her name and number. Luna smiled at them. The girl set her stick, helmet and gloves down on the bench, looking around the field to see Liam standing alone on the sidelines, adjusting his chest plate by his shoulders. She smiled at the sight of him, approaching.

"You came," Liam smiled as he saw her, his eyes sparkling in the bright stadium lights. Luna responded with a forced smile, a smile that she hated.

"I didn't want to, but I did anyways," Luna replied. Liam furrowed his eyebrows, obviously confused on what made her change her mind, and also why she forced herself to come.

"Why?" he asked, 'why' being the only word that slipped off of his tongue.

Luna shrugged. "Because you're right. Alex is an asshole, and it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. I was thinking about our conversation from last night and. . . I just realized what you meant and how right you were. People are just finding reasons to judge others, and so they use what other people said and turn into assholes. I need to focus on the important things in my life, like school, lacrosse, and. . . and you."

Liam just smiled at the girl. He cupped Luna's cold face in his hand, his other hand on her waist. He stepped forward, connecting their lips. Luna smiled through the kiss, Liam's touch instantly calming her heartbeat. Liam let go, his forehead resting against hers, the tips of their noses pressed together.

"I'm always going to be here," Liam reminded. Luna smiled, nodding, pecking his lips. Coach blew the whistle for the game to start, resulting in the two teens backing away from each other. They exchanged a smile, getting ready to go kick some butt on the field.

~~

Liam shoved Luna against the lockers, what started as laughs and an innocent kiss quickly escalating into a make-out session in the locker room. Luna's hands were tangled in Liam's hair, Liam's arms around her hips, keeping her pressed as close to his body as he could. The boy placed a sloppy kiss on her lips, his lips moving down to her neck, soon kissing along her jawline.

Liam moved his lips back to hers, kissing her roughly, the kiss soon turning passionate. Luna smiled through the kiss, pulling away, resting the back of her head against the lockers. Liam smiled, reconnecting their lips.

"Stilinski? Dunbar?" Coach called, causing Liam to disconnect his lips from Luna's and look in the direction of Coach's voice. Coach came around the corner of the lockers, Luna's hands still in Liam's hair, Liam's body still pressed against hers. Luna felt herself blushing madly while Coach cleared his throat. "You know what? I'm just going to walk away now."

"No, Coach, we were just-" Luna started. Coach put his hand up, silencing her.

"Unfortunately, I know exactly what you were doing," he stated. "You two are profoundly disgusting." Luna looked down, biting her tongue and stifling her laughter.

~~

"And here come the lovebirds in their natural state of clingy," Damian announced as Luna and Liam walked hand-in-hand back to the field to see on the bench for the rest of half time. Luna chuckled, rolling her eyes and sitting on the bench next to Liam, Damian and Kenzie strolling over. Damian stood behind Luna. "Yikes, Luna. If your dad sees those marks on your neck. . ." Luna shot him a warning glare, and Damian raised his arms in surrender. "I'm just saying. If you two weren't so clingy-"

"We are not clingy," Luna interrupted, resting her head on Liam's shoulder. Damian raised his eyebrows.

"Really? Define clingy for me," he challenged. Luna looked around the field for an example. She noticed Tiffany all over her new boyfriend, and she motioned to them. Damian turned to look, his eyes widening. "Holy shit. She's making-out with Alex."

"What!?" Luna exclaimed, her eyes widening. She turned. Indeed, Tiffany was sucking face with Alex, her other enemy. How convenient for them. Tiffany let go, a sly look towards Luna in the corner of her eye. "Great," Luna mumbled angrily.