Chapter 4 ~ Beta

It only took minutes for the plan to go from bad to worse. Liam was currently out of the bathtub and was now tied up to a chair, the duct tape still preventing the squirming boy from being able to move. "Liam, we're going to take the tape off of your mouth. If you scream, it goes right back on. If you talk quietly, it stays off. Got it?" Liam nodded, his expression angry. "Okay." Stiles ripped the tape off, and Liam exclaimed in pain. "Okay, Liam, now you've seen a lot of confusion things tonight. And more confusing things are going to happen because of the confusing things that happened tonight. Do you understand?"

Liam glanced between the three of them, shaking his head. "Not really."

"Good. That's good. I don't understand either," Stiles admitted. "Maybe you should tell him." He pointed at Scott, who seemed taken aback by Stiles telling him to explain.

"Tell me what?" Liam demanded, obviously pissed off. Luna couldn't blame him. They had only met him today and he had gotten bit and then kidnapped.

"Liam. . ." Scott started, taking an unsure pause. "What happened to you, what I did to you, which I had to do in order to save you, it's going to change you."

"Unless it kills you," Stiles chirped. Luna hit him on the back of the head. Stiles glanced at her. "Shouldn't have said that."

"What?" Liam asked quietly.

Luna sighed sharply. "You guys are both idiots." She turned to Liam. "Look, everything's going to be okay, alright? Everything is going to change, but you're not going to die."

"Probably not," Stiles added. Luna turned, eyeing him.

"Stop it!" she snarled quietly.

Stiles gulped. "Okay, possibly not." Luna sighed. She turned back to Liam, who was still looking at them angrily. "Should we. . . should we take the tape off or not?"

"Yeah, we can't leave it on him forever," Luna stated. As soon as the three of them finished taking the tape off of Liam, he turned to the chair. "Are you okay?" Liam grabbed the chair suddenly, swinging it and hitting it off of Scott, causing the chair to shatter to splinters.

"Liam, what the hell!?" Stiles yelled. Liam punched the boy, causing Stiles to fall back onto the wall. Liam turned to Luna. The girl gulped, unsure of exactly what he could do to her. Liam just turned, running down the hall. "Get him!" Stiles and Scott both recovered, chasing Liam. Luna heard a loud thump. She couldn't help but to laugh knowing that the boys had tumbled down the stairs. "I got him! I got his leg!"

"That's my arm!" she heard Scott shout. "Your plans suck too."

~~

Luna hadn't slept a wink that night. She couldn't tell if it was because of Liam or the fact that her head had been pounding. Luckily, the few hours of rest she did get caused her headache to die down a bit.

The girl walked down the school corridor, sighing in relief when she saw Damian. He turned, smiling when he saw her. "Damn, you look horrible."

"That's quite a way to lift a girl's self-esteem," Luna replied. She turned to her locker, putting the code in before pulling the lock off and opening the door, grabbing her English book.

"I didn't mean it like that," Damian stated. Luna shut her locker door, looking at him. "So, how were tryouts?"

"Great," Luna lied. Sure, her performance went well, but almost everything else about tryouts went wrong. She and Damian turned, beginning to walk to class.

Damian cleared his throat. "So, I see that you've talked to the new guy. Liam." They both stopped, Luna turning to look at him.

"Yeah, he was at tryouts yesterday," Luna stated.

"Let's hope you guys don't have Geometry together next year, huh?" Damian teased, winking. "You guys would be studying some kind of shapes. And not the one's that are in the book."

Luna rolled her eyes at his dirty comments. "I'm pretty sure he hates me."

"Why would he hate you?" Damian asked. Damian was Luna's friend that knew about everything that was going on, including all of the supernatural activities.

Luna sighed, glancing around to make sure that no one was listening. "Scott lost it during tryouts and broke something in Liam's leg. At the hospital a Wendigo came, and, basically, Scott had to bite him. To make everything worse, Scott kidnapped him, duct taped him, and put him in a bathtub."

"That's awesome!" Damian laughed.

"No, it's not awesome," Luna spat. "Scott kidnapped him the same day he met him. Of course, I was pulled into it. That's quite a first impression for a possible boyfriend, huh?"

Damian smirked. "So you like him."

"Huh?" Luna questioned, her eyebrows furrowing.

"You like him," Damian repeated.

Luna shrugged. "I don't know. I guess. Look, it doesn't matter, okay? He hates me, and that's that." The bell rang. "I gotta get to class."