Wondering if this is how he feels when my eyes covet his body? I can't look away from this male, I want to turn my back on him, but he holds me in my spot, watching as the top predator gracefully approaches me. 

He is no ripple in the water, he's the whole ocean, drowning me in his torrent. 

The suction of air gets pulled out of my lungs once his hand touches my lower bare back, bringing me closer to him until I'm firmly pressed up against his chest. A sigh escapes my lips the moment his lips brush against the mark on my neck. I'm uncomfortably aware of the maleness pressing into me, his distinct scent wrapping me in a blanket of comfort from all these curious eyes. He growls low in his chest full of possessiveness as dark eyes scan the crowd for any threat to his claim. His insecurities so strong I can actual feel his thoughts pouring out of him in unguarded waves of emotions that I think he wasn't ready to feel. 

This action takes me off guard, I didn't predict this behavior from him. His mother smiles at this with a knowing smirk. Letting me go, his hand continue to stay on my lower back, thumb drawing small little circles creating swirling heat that's threatening to overwhelm me. 

"What are you doing?" Hissing the words out, trying to pull away from him. 

"Showing these males that you"re mine." Letting him paw me for a few minutes more until his fur is no longer raised.

 "Why don't you guys start, go get some food, start eating because the pups are getting hungry." I can see the little ones running around, eyeing the food in want. This Western pack has an abundance of young. I nod my head to his mother obeying her command. 

Fin goes first taking what he wants from the heaping trays of food, while I take my share as second. Sitting beside him at the head table, his mother takes my left as we're joined by several other high ranking pack members. All of them are mated, evidence in the marks they carry on their necks. 

Glancing at his neck I realize he's the only one at this table that doesn't have a claim on him. Pushing the plate away from me I decided  I should just drink instead of eating, grabbing the bottle of wine, pouring myself a full glass of white. Not my first choice but I can make due with what's available. 

Fin's glass of honeyed liquid is half finished, the ice cubes just starting to peek out of the liquid. Whiskey for me in large quantities is a no go, affects me differently makes me cry, then it makes me angry. I've learned early on to try and avoid it at all costs. 

Taking this opportunity, regarding the many faces of this Western Pack, I'm shocked at what's greeting me back. Feeling as if the teeth of every unmated female here is turned against me. His mother understands their looks, squeezing my hand over top of the table. 

Turning towards Fin with a hard stare, finally comprehending the enormity of what he has done. There is not enough whiskey to ever wipe the images swirling around in my head of what he has done.

 Physically trying not to vomit all over the table, getting up I smile towards the wolves at the table.

 "I'm sorry, I'm not feeling well, please excuse me." Saying it through the tightness of vocal cords, while standing up.

 Fin's hand to stops my movement. 

"What's wrong?" Fin's confused not really understanding what's rolling around in my mind. His mother looks out into the nameless faces of the females. 

"I think Victoria just found out why your room needed to be gutted Finian." His gaze hits the eyes of all his females that want to be his Queen. It's a large number he really doesn't have the time to see them all in his vision before I pull from his grip.