The Finale! (And Epilogue I guess)

AHHHHH the feeling of finishing a story and being proud of it!

I feel like I got a good, FT ending with humor and ships and seriousness all in one. 

This was a nice "mini" project that ended up not being a mini project and it was a good way to warm up with writing again and knock off the rust from not writing at all for so long! =^=

----------------------

Natsu seemed to be in shock at what just happened as Master Makarov stomped over, going back down to his short and not-freaking-burly-giant form as he approached the students.

"What happened? Natsu? I told you to go back inside, you idiot!" Master scolded and pulled the pinkette's ear. Well thank goodness he didn't see that much, otherwise no one would hear the end of it. Well, maybe not as much as if Mira saw that.

Natsu snapped out of his trance. "Hey hey hey! Whatya doing Gramps! I beat the bad guy and Lu- everyone's okay! It's not like they could have gotten me anyway!" he complained.

"That's not the point, you brat! You're supposed to listen to your principal!" The other kids were laughing again at the comedic scolding while Lucy watched, sweatdropping as she did.

The sirens that had been background noise, and the bright blue-and-red lights started blinding everyone.

"Oh, drat..." Makarov sighed and let the teen fire dragonslayer go. Natsu covered his ear in pain as everyone watched the police jump out of their car and rushing to meet the group.

"Put your hands up!"

"Wait what?!" The two mage students cried in surprise.

"Hey, we're from the school you idiots! I'm the principal! These are my students, release them!" Makarov demanded, and the police squinted and examined the scared kids they were currently starting to handcuff.

"Oh, sorry! It's so dark over here I can't see anything." one of the officers said aloud and let the boy go. Makarov sighed and started gathering his students.

As everything started slowing down and the adrenaline wore off, Natsu and Lucy both realized they were the only ones left beside the street lamp.

"Hey Luce...?" Natsu breathed, catching Lucy off guard slightly.

"Yeah?"

The pinkette sighed. "Sorry... for what I said earl-"

"Natsu, don't worry about it! I'd already forgotten about it." Forgive and forget. One of the things I love about this boy. It's so easy to move on and only think about the good times.

Natsu seemed to be thrown off. "Y-you're serious? No scary Luce about to come tell me off with a Lucy Kick?" the blonde giggled at his surprise.

"Nope!" Lucy breathed, strangely enjoying their little moment of peace within this chaotic night. "Thanks and coming and looking for me, Natsu."

Natsu didn't meet her eyes, but that didn't matter. "Of course. What kind of a friend would I be if I didn't?"

"One that listens to our elders." Lucy teased.

"Me? Listen to Gramps! You're crazy Luce!"

About me as I am about you, baka. Another peaceful pause enveloped them before Master's voice came over the school intercom.

"Attention students! Things may have gotten out of control tonight, but the threat has been handled and we can continue our senior prom dance! Although technically we should postpone it, with the last few weeks of school right around the corner it seems there is no other convenient date to hold this event. So everyone, please try and help out with cleaning up the cafeteria, and we can continue this party where we left off!" A low cheer was heard from the school building as students slowly trickled back into the cafeteria and the lights in the main hallway were revealed, and the lights in the cafeteria were turned off and colors started flashing in the windows once again.