Day 2: How Am I Supposed to Do THAT?!

Mira was squealing whenever she saw Natsu for the rest of the day. I knew it was a bad idea. Why did I listen to Happy...? Natsu groaned and shoved his face into his hands. I can't even go near anyone anymore without feeling like the shippers are watching me. This was a bad idea this was a bad idea!

"Nastu! Where have you been?" Lucy sat down at the same table as the pinkette. He looked up and felt his face heat up at the girl's bright smile.

"O-oh hey Luce! I- uh, just got some lunch." Natsu said and held up the school lunch tray. It was an ugly yellow plastic with styrofoam dishes that held a grilled cheese sandwich and a sickly-looking plate of green beans. The food was actually decent at the school, and was cheap. That meant Natsu could save his money for other things like fish and repair money for their house in the woods.

Lucy frowned. "What's up Natsu? You seem upset. Something wrong?" Natsu shook his head, his pink hair shaking, even him knowing it was too quick and tense.

"Nah, just got something on my mind, heh."

"Oh. Mind telling me about it?" Lucy questioned, sitting down at the table across from him.

This isn't working. Natsu said nothing, staring intently down at his food and messing with it with his fork. He could feel his face being red, even if he couldn't feel any heat since he had fire dragon slaying magic.

Mira looked up from a little bit of paperwork. "Oh hi Natsu! What can I do for you?" she questioned cheerfully.

"So, um, I've had this thing going on with me lately, and I was wondering if maybe you could help me."

Mira blinked, before having an evil glint paired with her notorious shipping smirk. "Oh? Mind telling me?"

Natsu groaned. "I don't know! I'll tell you what I told Happy; I keep turning red whenever I'm around someone, and my heart beats really fast, and I feel like I'm always sick or something! I can't get them out of my head, and now I feel like my brain and my heart are saying two different things." His shoulders sagged, and then tensed again.

Mira started giggling like crazy. "Sounds like you really like~ someone Natsu~!" she sang, to which Natsu groaned again.

"That's what Happy said. But she's my best friend, and nothing's changed between us! What am I supposed to do? Ask her out to the dance on Friday?"

"Oh good, it's Lucy right? Either Lucy or Grey, and THAT would have been made things awkward with Juvia and all," Mira seemed to admire Natsu's shocked expression before continuing. "And why not? We've only got a few weeks left of school. You're both already practically planning to go to the same college, why not take your relationship a step further?"

Natsu facepalmed. "Maybe. Thanks, Mira."

Not that that was helpful at all. Natsu sighed, attracting Lucy's attention again.

"You SURE you're okay? This definitely is not you. Well, not unless you're upset about something. Hence why I keep bothering you?"

God, I forgot how smart she was. No matter how many times she helps me with homework.

"Yeah, I'm fine Lucy." Natsu snapped, sending Lucy reeling for a moment. "Okay, fine. I'm going to go sit with Levy and the others, okay? See you next class." the blonde announced and calmly-yet-coldly got up. Natsu's heart froze, forgetting they had science together next class. Well CRAP. I've definitely screwed up. Goddammit Natsu. He faceplanted into the table, not caring that it hurt his nose.