Pack Before Feelings

Börja om från början

Her heart dropped in her chest when she found out she was his mate.

So she tries to swallow down her own nature for her best friend. Many opportunities to really hurt this female has crossed her path but she just can't bring herself to hurt Charlie.

Her only friend she would give her life up for to protect.

Hesitating before sitting down beside Charlie, not touching just sitting.

"Vic, how are you?"

"Good, Charlie." The she-wolf's low growls rumbling the air, while Charlie's lips are pressed against her ear.

"Stop." Yet this she-wolf doesn't, confident in the fact that her mate is there to protect her.

"Victoria." Her name rolling off the tongue of his mate has Victoria's fur-raising slightly.

"Yes." She says it while looking at the holes in her jeans, dirty shoes that the previous owner never took care of. How could you not take care of something bought just for you, she thinks.

"Charlie and I were talking-" The wolf sitting taller on his lap.

"Stop." Charlie's voice a rage of breath.

"No, it's okay Charlie, let her talk." Victoria squares her shoulders now, looking into the distance.

"I was saying to him that maybe he should start to distance himself from you. That he's climbing the ranks, he has support now of influential pack member. He can become so much more now, but the only thing that's holding him back is you." Victoria's lip trembles slightly, understanding that her words are true. Charlie's growth in the pack is stunted if he continues to be her friend, to show her support. Already her father singling out Charlie now since he shifted, making him fight adults instead of the juveniles like he's supposed to.

Victoria nodding her head in understanding, looking at Charlie in the eyes, her friend, she squeezes his shoulder while getting up walking away from him, so his future will be brighter without her in it.

Victoria thinks that she never brings brightness to wolves lives, she just darkens them with her ugliness.

Heart-shattering pain claws into her heart. My lungs fight to pull in a breath, they feel her heartache.

"Wait, Victoria." He's calling after her, while she runs away from them. Until his calls fade in the distance. Her tears never stop falling all the way home. Her only hope now is when she shifts to she'll meet her mate just like Charlie did. Except she has no idea when she will shift because no one will tell her the day she was born on.

Not one birthday celebration was ever held for that little pup. No one ever celebrated her.

Opening the door to her home, he's waiting for her to come in. This time it's different, not only are the eyes of her tormentor waiting for her. Now the healer's eyes regard her in a dirty thirst.

She doesn't get out of bed for days because of what they do to her.

Her light has been blown out, her darkness is rising.

She's standing regarding Grey with those same eyes, her friend leaving her for something so much better.

Everyone leaves her eventually, she's learned that lesson. A sloshing of feeling roll my stomach, it gags me on how she has nothing while growing up I had everything I could possibly ask for.

The demon starts laughing, a never-ending irritation of sound.

"Brother." Embracing Grey in a tight hug. Kissing his cheek, "thank you. It really means a lot to me having you by my side. I love you, Grey. I just want you to know this. I love you." Gripping him more into me, trying to let go of the past. I can't fix the past but the future I have a shot at.