"Daaddddyyy!" Christian cooed as he strolled in the kitchen. I kept my back turned to him and rinse the remaining things in the sink. I could hear Chris planting kisses all over his son's face and I couldn't help but to smile at the cuteness.

"Hey baby." He greeted. "Hey." I retorted. He leaned back trying to plant a kiss on my face and I moved away. "You still got an attitude?" He asked. "You just walked in here after being gone for more than 12 hours, so yeah." I said rolling my eyes. What was I supposed to do? Rejoice?

I thought I heard him mumble a "Whatever" and all I wanted to do was flick the back of his big ass head, but I just huffed in annoyance. "Y'all late. He ain't going to school today?" He asked. "No. He just has a doctor's appointment. He has to get his S-H-O-T-S today."

He chuckled. "Why you spelling?" "Because if I say S-H-O-T-S, your son is gonna freak out because he hates N-E-E-D-L-E-S." "O-K." His corny ass replied. I dried my hands with a dish towel and reached for my phone, which was situated on the counter. The group chat between Mel, Ashley, Kaya, and I was always something we did. But once Mel got engaged, it seemed to get a lot more active.

Mel:

I found the cutest bridesmaids dresses for y'all 😩😩

Ashley:

You said that yesterday and had the audacity to show us them ugly ass pumpkin dresses 😒

Kaya:

Bitch if you send another fucking screenshot I'm blocking you!!!

Mel must have said fuck it because the next message she sent was not one, but two screenshots of the ugliest dresses she's selected thus far. And that's saying a lot.

Mel:

Gun to your head, which one?

Me:

Bitch, pull the trigger 😭😭😭😭😭

The following messages were from Kaya and Ashley cracking the fuck up. Mel had been driving us crazy for the past few weeks. Shit, we deserved a laugh!

After Melissa got her ring, she started planning her wedding five minutes later. She and Mijo hadn't actually chosen a date yet, but damn near everything else was decided. The amount of guests, the song they'd dance to, what their invitations would look like. No lie, I was happy for my bestfriend. But, if I said I wasn't at least a little jealous I'd be lying.

What I wasn't going to do though, was be a bitter bitch. For one, it wasn't a good look and I knew my time was coming. Rushing Chris would get me nowhere, so I was chilling. Whatever Mel needed, I, along with Kaya and Ashley, were gonna be there for her. Ugly dresses or not.

"What you got planned for the day?" He asked as he picked at my bowl of fruit. "Wedding stuff with Mel." I answered. "What? Mijo told me that didn't pick a date yet." "You can't tell Mel that." That got a laugh out of him.

"When he finally settled down, he stared at me with questioning eyes. "You alright?" He asked. "Yeah." I answered. "You sure? You seem... off." "I'm just tired." I told the half truth. "I stayed up doing paperwork, I just need a nap." I assured him. He still had this look on his face that said, "I don't believe you," but he left it alone.

"How was the studio?" I changed the subject. "Lit." He answered earning a laugh out of me. That was his answer for everything lately. "I bet." I grumbled. "I wrote something about you." "Me?" I cheesed. "Put them gums away girl." He snickered.