Full Circle

Madison

Madison

Saturday

I picked up the last before ripping it down the middle.

"People change. Feelings fade. Lovers drift. Friends become enemies."

This dumbass quote. Who would have ever thought that this would happen to me?

I had everything.

I was surrounded by people who loved me. The man of my dreams. The world's best friends.

But things can change faster than a snap of a finger. I just never thought all of that could happen to me in the span of one year.

But I guess it's for the best right?

When people walk away from you, let them go. Obviously, they weren't supposed to be in my future.

I put the pieces of each picture in a pile before setting them on fire and watched as the fire grew. I refused to cry. Within the last year, I'd shed tears over people who didn't give two fucks about me. And I was finally done. Done with the bullshit.

No longer was I going to let people use me, smile in my face, but behind my back doing some next shit. Nah, that shit will never happen again.

From now on it's all about Christian. My son. My world.

"Mama." I heard him call. I turned around to see him wobbling toward me with my phone in his hand. I smiled and pulled him into my lap.

I kissed his cheek and he giggled, deepening his dimples. I spent the last year hating Chris, but if there was one thing I was thankful for was that yellow nigga's features. Our son was blessed with beautiful eyes, dimples, and a stunning smile.

"Mama! Titi Ky!" He said referring to Kaya's picture on my screen. She, along with Melissa & Ashley had been calling me all day.

I took the phone from his small hands and rejected the call. I smiled shyly at him before picking him up. I put out the small fire and we walked back inside.

I put him in his high chair and grabbed the box of Honey Nut Cheerios and poured some into his bowl. "Nomm!" He said digging in. I giggled as I poured some into my bowl.

Ding Dong

I knitted my eyebrows and looked over at Christian. "Who could that be?" I asked him as if he could answer. I quickly went to open the front door.

Finally swinging it open, I instantly regretted it. "What do you guys want?" I sighed as I leaned against the door frame. "Look Madi, we just came to apologize." Kaya said.

"Ain't shit to talk about." I shrugged. "Damn it, Madison. Why are you acting like such a bitch over something stupid?" Mel asked. I chuckled deviously.