Crash Landing

Madison

Madison

"Christian..." I trailed rubbing my temples. "No!" He yelled pushing his bowl of oatmeal away from him. With me literally running off 30 minutes of sleep, Christian's tantrums all morning, and the lack of Chris's presence since he decided to damn near live in the studio for these past weeks, I'm on the verge of a mental break.

Christian had been throwing a nasty tantrum all morning, all over what he wanted to eat. His eating habits were so horrible and they were starting to scare me. He'd literally take one bite of something and then say he's full. I told his doctors about it, but they told me not to worry about it. But how could I not? My baby wasn't eating.

"How about some pancakes?" I compromised. When he nodded in agreement, I couldn't get the ingredients out the pantry quick enough. The sooner he ate something the better.

Instead of sleeping last night, I opted to get some work done since I wouldn't be going into my office today. I had to take Christian to his doctor's appointment today and honestly I knew I wasn't going to be in the mood to be stuck in my office for hours at a time on this Wednesday morning.

When I finished everything last night, it turned into morning. I fell asleep, and when I jolted out of my sleep I noticed I'd only been asleep for 30 minutes and I was missed my alarm to wake Christian up.

Since I woke up late, both Christian and I's schedules were thrown off. He was supposed to be dressed and ready by now, but obviously that wasn't the case. I was tired as fuck, stressed and annoyed.

"Hot mommy." Christian commented as I placed his plate in front of him. I giggled at how cute his voice sounded. He was the Tasmanian Devil two seconds ago and now he wanted to be cute?

"I know baby. You have to be careful, okay?" I warned as I cut the medium sized circles into small triangles. He nodded and I drizzled some syrup over the pancakes and handing him his sippy cup filled with apple juice. I left him to it and loaded the sink with the dirty dishes and pans.

"Front door open." Our security system warned. I rolled my eyes at the announcement knowing who was walking through the front door. Sure enough, I heard him speaking into his phone, that seemed like one of the only things he'd been doing lately.

Ever since we came back from our small getaway, Chris has been focused on his album. Now, I completely understood, seeing as though he pushed back his studio time to go on vacation and all that. But this shit was consuming all his time. Working on his music, doing features for other people, he was busy. He'd spend hours in the studio, sometimes he wouldn't even come home. He'd sleep for most of the day, wake up, and be off to the studio. I was highkey feeling like we were becoming the last of his priorities.

So, me being me, I copped an attitude once or twice. Alright, maybe more than that, but you get the point. He was starting to piss me off. And last night was no different. He left around 8:30 and here he is returning at 10:47 am. Twelve plus hours in the studio? Hm, okay.