Chapter 21-The Stone Pt. 2

Previously...

  "What's that at it's feet?"

  Y/N's POV:

  "What's that at its feet?" Hermione whispered.

  "Looks like a harp," I said.

  "Snape must have left it there," said Ron.

  "It must wake up the moment you stop playing," said Harry. "Well, here goes..."

  Harry put his flute to his lips and blew. It wasn't really a tune, but from the first note the beast's eyes began to droop. Harry hardly drew breath. Slowly, the dog's growls ceased, it tottered on its paws and fell to its knees, then it slumped to the ground, fast asleep.

  "Keep playing," I said to Harry. As we slipped out of the cloak and crept toward the trapdoor. We could feel the dog's hot, smelly breath as they approached the giant heads.

  "I think we'll be able to pull the door open," said Ron, peering over the dog's back. "Want to go first, Hermione?"

  "No, I don't!"

  "All right." Ron gritted his teeth and stepped carefully over the dog's legs. He bent and pulled the ring of the trapdoor, which swung up and open.

  "What can you see?" Asked Hermione.

  "Nothing - just black - there's no way of climbing down, we'll just have to drop."

  "I'll go first," I said but, stopped by Harry's foot. He gestured his hands signaling that his gonna go down first.

  "You want to go first? Are you sure?" said Ron. "I don't know how deep this thing goes. Give the flute to Hermione so she can keep him asleep." Harry handed the flute to Hermione as she starts playing it. In the few seconds' silence, the dog growled and twitched, but the moment Hermione began to play, it fell back into its deep sleep.

  Harry climbed over it and looked down through the trapdoor. He lowered himself through the hole until he was hanging on by his fingertips. Then he looked up at Ron and said, "If anything happens to me, don't follow. Go straight to the owlery and send Hedwig to Dumbledore, right?"

  "Right," said Ron.

  "See you in a minute, I hope..."

  "Be safe, Harry," I worriedly said too him as he smiled.

  "I will," he said still smiling. Harry let go, and FLUMP! With a funny, muffled sort of thump. We waited for seconds, hoping that Harry is alright. "It's okay!" We heard Harry shout, as I sighed of relief. "it's a soft landing, you can jump!"

  "I'll go first," Ron said, as he drop down through the trapdoor, hearing a another loud FLUMP!

  "You go first, Hermione," I said kindly, she drop down as I followed closing the trapdoor. I landed into a soft surface and seeing Harry, Ron and Hermione in front of me.

  "We must be miles under the school," Hermione said.

  "Lucky this plant thing's here, really," said Ron.

  "Lucky!" I shriek.

  "Look at you both!" Said Hermione, in shock. I felt something wrapping around my wrist as I shrinked down as it gets tighter and tighter, more plants were wrapping around my body, as I struggle more. I looked at Hermione, she leapt up and struggled toward a damp wall. She had to struggle because the moment she had landed, the plant had started to twist snakelike tendrils around her ankles. As for Harry and Ron, their legs had already been bound tightly in long creepers without their noticing. I stopped struggling as just realized what it was, I stopped moving and shrinked down and landing beside Hermione, as we both looked at the two boys struggling.