Chapter 18-Norbert

Chapter 18-Norbert

  Y/N's POV:

  The trio were still convinced that Severus was the one who's trying to steal the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's stone, which I think is pathetic.

  Every time we passes the third door corridor, me, Harry, Hermione and Ron would press our ears against the door to check that Fluffy was still growling. Severus was loosing his temper making me a bit worried about him. Whenever Harry passed Quirrell these days he gave him an encouraging sort of smile, and Ron had started telling people, including me, off for laughing at Quirrell's stutter. Hermione, however, had the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's stone out of her mind. She was writing down all of her schedules to study for the exam, as I did the the same.

  "Hermione, Y/N the exam are ages away!" Said Ron.

  "Ten weeks to be exact." I said.

  "That's not ages, that's like a second to Nicolas Flamel." Hermione snap.

  "But we're not six hundred years old," Ron reminded her. "Anyway, what are you studying for, you already know it's an A."

  "What am I studying for? Are you crazy? You realize we need to pass these exams to get into the second year? They're very important, I should have started studying a month ago, I don't know what's gotten into me..."

  The teachers seemed to be thinking the same thing as Hermione about the exam. They piled so much homework on us that the Easter holidays weren't nearly as much fun as the Christmas ones. Most of the time, the four of us were at the library, studying, as Harry and Ron were moaning and yawning, and also complaining about studying too early.

  "I'll never remember this," Ron burst out one afternoon, throwing down his quill and looking longingly out of the library window. It was the first really fine day we've had in months. The sky was a clear, forget-me-not blue, and there was a feeling in the air of summer coming. As I was busy at One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi.

  "Hagrid! What are you doing in the library?" Said Ron, as I looked at his direction and saw Hagrid.

  "Jus' lookin'," he said. "An' what're you lot up ter?" He looked suddenly suspicious. "Yer not still lookin' fer Nicolas Flamel, are yeh?"

  "Oh, we found out who he is ages ago," said Ron impressively. "And we know what that dog's guarding, it's a Sorcerer's/Philosopher's St-"

  "Shhhh!" Said Hagrid, looking around if anyone was listening. "Don' go shoutin' about it, what's the matter with yeh?"

  "There are a few things we wanted to ask you, as a matter of fact," said Harry, "about what's guarding the Stone apart from Fluffy-"

  "SHHH!" said Hagrid, again. "Listen -- come an' see me later, I'm not promisin' I'll tell yeh anythin', mind, but don' go rabbitin' about it in here, students aren' s'pposed ter know. They'll think I've told yeh--"

  "See you later, then," said Harry. As Hagrid shuffle off the library.

  "What was he hiding behind his back?" said Hermione thoughtfully.

  "Do you think it had anything to do with the Stone?" I asked.

  "I'm going to see what section he was in," said Ron, who'd had enough of working. He came back a minute later with a pile of books in his arms and slammed them down on the table. "Dragons!" Whispered Ron, putting the pile of books on top of the table. "Hagrid was looking up stuff about dragons! Look at these, Dragon Species of Great Britain and Ireland, From Egg to Inferno, A Dragon Keeper's Guide."