Attempted Destruction

Start from the beginning

Sasuke sat there stiffly and you thought he was going to shove you away but he didn't. Instead he wrapped his arms around you and pulled you closer to him.

"I-I'm s-sorry..." Sasuke choked out.

"I- I just am-." He began but was cut off  as his body began to tremble as more tears threatened fall. Inhaling a shaky breath Sasuke buried his face in your shoulder. His body shaking as he tried to choke back his tears.

"Hey...It's alright...I'm here for you." You murmured, softly patting Sasuke's trembling form.

~End of flashback~

You sighed sadly at the memory of seeing Sasuke in such a defeated state. It was hard seeing one of your friends so broken like that.

To be honest you cried a lot too when you first found out Itachi was the one to slaughter the Uchiha clan. You were shocked and saddened by the news. You never would of thought Itachi would have done something like that especially when he knew how much it would hurt Sasuke.

It hurt you to think that one of your closest friends would voluntarily kill their own family when you didn't even have a choice when you were forced to kill yours...

If only your father hadn't of been so angry with your mother for leaving him for his brother he wouldn't of created that stupid necklace. You hated that necklace, it was the reason your family was dead. So you decided that today would be the day you would try to destroy it. Which brings you to where you are now—sneaking out of your house at nearly 4:30 in the morning in the hopes of getting a chance to destroy your necklace in secret.

After you had made it out of the house you cautiously looked around the surrounding streets to make sure no one was watching. Deciding that the coast was clear you quietly snuck your way through the village. As you did this, you stuck your hand into the satchel that your Aunt Fumiko had bought you for school. You felt around the bag and smiled, finding the small hammer and small box of matches you had brought with you.

You planned to use the hammer to smash the necklace once you reached the forest near the training grounds. The matches were for burning the necklace in case smashing it didn't work.

After making sure everything you needed was in your bag you quietly walked into the forest that was around part of the training ground you had entered. The forest was mostly quite besides the occasional bird singing. It was so peaceful. It made you almost want to lay down and sleep. However, you had come here with a purpose and didn't plan on getting distracted from it.

With that in mind you began to search around for a large rock. Once finding one you took off your necklace and placed it on the rock. As you adjusted the necklace you reached in the bag for the hammer you had brought with you.

Gripping onto the hammer, you slowly raised it into the air before quickly bringing it down on the necklace. A loud clang was heard as the metal head of the hammer contacted with the necklace.

To your astonishment your necklace was unbroken, it didn't even have so much as a scratch on it. It looked as if you had never even hit it. Growing irritated by this you continued to slam the hammer against your necklace but   the necklace remained perfectly intact no matter how hard you hit it.

Huffing in annoyance you stared down at your necklace with a frown.

'I guess I'll just have to resort to burning it now.' You sighed as you began searching around the forest floor for stuff to start a fire.

Once finding everything you needed you started to place rocks in a small circle for the fire. After that was done you set up the wood for the fire. You then placed some twigs and dried grass beneath a gap you made in the branches.

After that you pulled your match box out of your satchel and striked one of the matches against the box. As the match sparked to life you carefully brought it to the twigs and dry grass. They quickly caught fire and before long the branches you had gathered also caught fire.

Once the fire was large enough you threw your necklace into it. You then rested against a near by tree and watched the fire burn for around a hour and a half. After the fire died out you waited another thirty minutes for it to cool down before walking over to see what was left of it.

An irritated groan escaped your lips at the sight of the untouched necklace lying in the ashes.

'I'll never get rid of this stupid thing will I?' You thought somberly picking up the necklace and putting it back on.

You then turned your head towards the sky dejectedly. It was beginning to get light out which meant class would be starting soon.

'I better get going to the academy...I'm sure Aunt Fumiko and Uncle Gyo won't care that I'm not there for breakfast this morning. I usually wake up before them and leave early for the academy anyways.' You thought slowly making your way back to the village still bothered by the fact that you couldn't destroy your necklace.

A/N

Hey everyone thanks for reading this. I think it was Deyi_13 who commented something along the lines of  "Why didn't (YN) destroy the necklace?" I just wanted to thank this person and give them credit for giving me the idea for this chapter. I completely over looked the fact of the reader trying to destroy the necklace so I am thankful somebody commented on that. Oh and by the way the reader's satchel is the picture I drew at the beginning of the chapter. Hopefully you guys like it, well anyways thanks for reading and have a nice day! ^v^