"You may start with me Detectives." The unexpected voice of Sue was heard. The determination in her eyes, an assurance she meant what she said. "I'm Lady Sue Raymond. Mona is my close family friend, my_ my sister in fact. Whoever did this shouldn't get away." They all caught that tone, especially when she emphasised on her title, she meant business and everyone within vicinity could feel the wrath of her powerful stance despite the dark circles and ruined make up on her aristocratic face.

"Certainly, Lady Sue. This way please." It was Michael. He lead the way to a small room within the floor that the hospital authority had been supportive enough to provide. They all knew Mona Marshall was amongst America's most powerful women and now with the British titles to back: they all had better cooperate.

"If any of you is ready, do not hesitate to please come to the room at the end of the corridor." Bridget informed before following behind her partner and Sue.

***
"Lady Sue_"

"Please call me Sue," she corrected the detective with a weak smile.

"Sue, according to witnesses last night, you were the one who noted a falling Mona after the gunshot, please tell me what happened last night." Michael said nicely. Respectfully.

Sue explained all the events during the charity dinner meant to help raise funds for a cancer research centre. "Well dear Mona and I decided to go home since we couldn't keep up with the younger people's energy. We told the children we were leaving, that is Gwen, Vanda and Nick since Gina and my son had already snuck away." She smiled fully for the first time, the detective thought scribbling something on his note book.

"The children decided to leave with us leaving the rest of the night in the very capable hands of the company's and my centre's people." She heaved a sigh before continuing with the traumatic story.

"We got outside and Mona and I were going to enter the limo_" she sniffed and wiped a stray tear. "There was a gunshot and... suddenly there was chaos. Screaming guests and workers, running paparazzi and then... dear Mona was falling down. I remember screaming, Gwen, Vanda and I went to her, she lay unconscious a pool of blood quickly forming. I don't know who really called the ambulance, Nick maybe or some good Samaritan." She sniffed before straightening her posture.

"And here we are, poor Mona in the brisk of death. You must capture the heartless scoundrel. Whoever they may be." She ordered bitterly.

The detectives remained quiet for a while before Bridget asked, "Mrs Marshall, does she have any enemies? Someone who would benefit her elimination maybe? An angry relative perhaps?"

Sue shook her head briskly. "Dear Mona is the sweetheart of many, people love her." She assured.

"Think about it Sue, is there someone she might have offended? or perhaps someone that might have had scores to settle." Michael prodded leaning in as if to whisper.

"Yes." A voice declared from behind at the doorway.

They all turned to see Gina walking in, Eddie closely behind her. She walked closer until she was standing face to face with Michael. "Someone definitely had scores to settle." She spat bitterly.

"Who might this person be miss Marshall?" Michael pried.

"My ex fiancee, Bernard Murray."

"Please sit miss Marshall." Michael offered.

"I'd rather much stand detective. There's no time for a tête-à-tête, you and your people should be out there turning the entire world upside fucking down." She grounded through gritted teeth.

"Miss Marshall," Bridget called making the angry woman turn towards her menacingly. "You must understand that we are trying to help you here, we all want justice for Mrs Marshall but we must work together in order_"

A cynical laughter erupted from the woman's throat, quieting down the female detective. The rest of the room remained silent.
"Justice? I don't want justice detective, I want retribution, I want him locked up and the key thrown away that he never ever see the goddamn daylight." She said clenching her jaws.

"You might be using your ex fiancee as a scapegoat for all we know." Michael pointed out nonchalantly.

Eddie pulled Gina behind him then turned to the detectives. "Murray showed up last night, uninvited " Eddie claimed calmly his anger bubbling to the surface. "He snuck right behind my woman in the ladies room and tried to strangle her!" He bellowed his voice raising. "And you are telling us what exactly, huh? Listen up Mr and Miss Detective, I don't care what you have to do but that murderous, deranged man should be found and brought in for questioning." He finished furiously.

"Are you trying to teach us our jobs Mr Raymond?" Bridget asked provocatively.

Before Eddie could go ballistic again, Sue intervened. "Now, now detectives, I think we have a suspect already, get to work." She ordered calmly.

"Detective." Gina called then Michael turned back to her. "You can confirm his attendance last night by talking to the inside security team, they will allow you access to the CCTV and maybe you can also ask them if they threw out a bloody man in white tuxedo." She informed coolly.

"Bloody?" Bridget asked.

"Bloody." She repeated her gaze unwavering.
.
.
.
.
.
Please read, critique, comment, like and vote.

Love to all.