Prologue

The Silverist

By Viet Phan

-Silverist 

 /ˈsɪlvərɪst

noun

1. an individual residing within the Silver Gang bearing the traditional tattoo.

Prologue

     There we were. A hundred of us, maybe more, were standing on the tallest skyscrapers of Politum. I was one of the many Silverists to raise their hands against the sky. Felix daringly chose the tallest spot which was meant for me since I had the ability to stop the projectiles but it was to ensure my safety and that my identity would be the least bit more secure.

     Everyone was expecting the moment. The moment they would arrive from the skies. It would be selfish to say I was anticipating this event the most since I was under the most pressure at the time, but others were anticipating death which was something my heart could not compete against, not that I wanted it to.

     It would have been foolish to keep on thinking about failure at such a time. Implications such as a world war were nonsense to me as I could only succeed. This was the right mindset. Anyway, 'enough chitter chatter,' I quote. They will come. They will fall, and I will stop them.

A/N: I do not own any images used as media in this story except for the cover designed by me. Thank you so so much for deciding to check out this book, I've been working on this thing for 4 years, so I hope the quality will be there. Just mentioning as well, the first few parts are slow and have not a lot of action for an adventure story, so if you want to skip out to the action I suggest Chapter 2: Part 1 is a great start (or Chapter 3: Part 1 if you're really impatient) for the adrenaline-seekers. Enjoy!