{ 29 } coconut cream pie

LUIS

Going to the Pastry Guild opening gala, Luis didn't expect to confess his feelings for Bonnie. He's not really sure what he expected. The gala was going to be a well deserved experience for Luis because he worked hard. Everyone knew he was determined and passionate.

He did not expect to be reminded of a low point in his life, where he didn't play fair, and almost ruined someone's life. Someone he had grown to like over the months because he could see passion for the same thing in her heart too.

Watching Bonnie walk away from him, actually upset at what he had done, made Luis feel completely defeated. There was nothing telling him that a relationship with Bonnie would progress without addressing their first few encounters. It was going to be difficult moving forward knowing they tried to destroy each other in the beginning of it all. Going to the gala just sped up that process with Bonnie meeting the Foliarys.

Luis did know that board members were in the state but he withheld the fact he knew was through the Foliarys. They came in one day late last year on a day that Luis happened to be walking through the bakery. He greeted them and the conversation continued and lasted for an hour or so. It eventually led to talk about his bakery and Luis learned that they helped newcomers like him achieve media success. They gave him their card on a whim because they ended up liking him and later sent him an email about a television opportunity.

At the gala, Luis was ready to head towards the peak of his success and seeing Bonnie there made him so relieved that the rash actions from his past didn't affect her success. It was only then that he realized how much he depended on Bonnie being there.

It took everything in him to not run out following Bonnie after she left the room. What would that have resulted in? Most likely a screaming match so Luis needed to give her some space. She would have to come back to the ceremony room and Luis would be there ready to apologize. But he felt like that wasn't enough. He would say sorry but it doesn't change anything.

As Luis stood at the entry, waiting for Bonnie's return, he pulled out his phone and opened the email app. He found the original email from the Foliarys and hit reply. His plan is to get Bonnie a chance at media exposure.

He finished drafting the email just as he heard Bonnie coming back. Before anything else could happen, apologizing would be the first step.

° ° °

"Why didn't you get your own slice? There's enough so that we don't have to share!" Bonnie says as she tries to pull away the plate of coconut cream pie away from Luis's fork.

"Where's the fun in that?" Luis asks, giving her a grin. "Besides, sharing treats like this has become a tradition between us now." He gives her a wink and she just rolls her eyes.

They had just finished filming the pilot for their new baking competition show and are having a relaxed "We did it!" celebration.

"You two are gross!" Jasmine interjects as she strolls by swiping a bit of icing on her finger and sticking it in her mouth.

"Guilty as charged," Luis replied and leaned over to give a Bonnie a quick kiss on her cheek. She stuck her tongue out at him and and playfully hit him. He doesn't think he'll ever get tired of this.

Success is definitely better shared.

° ° °

it's a gross af ending and i ain't sorry