TWENTY| my bubble is bursted

Start from the beginning

"No, but I can arrest you for disobeying direct orders from your Chancellor," I was hit with so many emotions. Anger, dread, heartbreak, disbelief that this was happening, and a strong desire to punch Jaha in the face

I looked at the ground as angry tears formed in my eyes. I clenched my fists as I slowly rose my gaze to look Jaha right in his eyes, "I will not let you bully me into doing what you want. Go ahead. Arrest me, lock me away, and float me when I turn eighteen, but everyone in this room knows that the second you do, you will lose every ounce of control that you have left over the Stations." And finally, I told Jaha what I had wanted to tell him ever since he became Chancellor. "So, you can shove your orders up your ass, and then, you can go to hell."

And as every jaw dropped, I stormed out of the room without another word.

~_~_~_~_~

I made my way to the Mess Hall still feeling anger for the Council. What I needed at the moment were answers. I wanted to know why the people of Factory Station had suddenly made Bellamy and me the front of their rebellion. We weren't even involved in the riots, and I didn't inspire any of the chaos.

I stopped as I took a step into the Mess Hall. My eyes scanned over the almost bare room as people got ready for the lunch hour. My eyes landed on who I was looking for; a blonde woman sitting alone at a table as she scrolled through a tablet in front of her.

I quickly walked to the left side of the room and sat down right across from Diana Sydney. She looked up from her tablet with a curious expression, and I could tell my anger was showing by how cautious her voice sounded.

"Harley, what a lovely surprise."

"We need to talk," I wasn't going to beat around the bush. I wanted the truth.

She glanced around the Mess Hall, and the people getting it ready for lunch "Ok, maybe later you can meet me-"

"No, we're doing this right now," I leaned closer to her so I could talk in a quieter voice. "You're the one encouraging these riots aren't you? And that means you're also the one that has put Bellamy and me at the front of it."

She laced her fingers together on the table, "I haven't done anything, Harley. The people chose you and Bellamy because you inspire them.  You give them hope."

"I never meant for it to go any further than that," I replied. "I didn't mean to get dragged into all of this political drama."

Diana gave me a small smile that looked fake. Everything about her seemed fake, "The workers respect you and Bellamy. Maybe this is a sign that you two should join the cause for good."

Something clicked in my brain. I finally put two and two together, "You want to be Chancellor again," I said as I pieced the puzzle together. "That's why you started whispering these ideas of rebellion into the workers' ears. You want them to overthrow Jaha so you can swoop in and take advantage of the chaos," I gave her a look of disgust. "You never cared about the people. All you care about is yourself."

Suddenly, she reached over the table and grabbed my arm a little too forcefully. I shot her a look of daggers in response.

"There's so much you don't understand," She gave me that fake smile again. "I like you, Harley. You've got a fire in you, but everyone knows how dangerous fire can be if it's not...contained."

I raised an eyebrow, "Are you threatening me?"

She let go of my arm and leaned back, "I would never threaten you. I would be stupid to. You're the daughter of a Council member for God's sake," Diana gave me a challenging look. "But, maybe one day if you keep your little attitude up and run that big mouth of yours, Bellamy Blake will be blamed and found guilty for being the inspiring force behind these riots. I think we both know where that will get him."