TWENTY| my bubble is bursted

Waking up tangled with Bellamy was just about the greatest thing to ever happen to me. Our legs were tangled together, my head was rested on his chest, and his arms were wrapped securely around my waist. For a while, I just watched him sleep and found myself counting the freckles on his face. 

When we finally decided to get up, we just lounged around all day. He was only wearing his pants, and I was only wearing my panties and his t-shirt which was all big and comfy. I made a mental note to wear his clothing more often. Plus, I felt all giddy and smiley, and like nothing could happen to burst my bubble of pure happiness and joy.

Well, the universe just loved proving me wrong because ten minutes after Bellamy walked out of the door, my dad arrived home in a hurry telling me that I was needed at the Council meeting. Jaha wanted to speak with me about a very serious issue, and that meant that I had screwed up somehow.

I followed my dad down the hallways of Alpha Station until we came to the Council Room which was basically just a room with a large table and seven chairs around it filled with judgmental people.

All heads turned to me as I walked into the room. My dad took a seat beside Abby Griffin as I stepped closer to the table with a confused look on my face.

"If you're offering me a seat on the Council, thanks but no thanks."Chancellor Jaha folded his hands on the table. Everyone had serious looks on their faces, and all of my joking faded away. "What is it?" I asked.

"Harley," Jaha began. "Are you aware that there was a riot in Alpha Station last night, and several Factory Station workers were arrested?"

"No," I knew the violence would come. I knew there was nothing I could do to stop it, but I still felt a tad bit responsible. "I had no idea, but I did warn you what would happen if you continued to ignore them."

I saw the Chancellor clench his jaw, "You see, Harley, these angry workers aren't my problem. I can deal with a few unhappy people. However, this little unease has started to fall down into complete rebellion. I will not and cannot tolerate anarchy."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because, whether you meant to or not, you have become the face of this rebellion," Jaha replied. What? How could I be the face if I wasn't even from Factory Station? All I did was try to encourage them, and show them that they weren't beneath anybody. What was so wrong with that? "You're in Factory Station more than you're in Alpha Station, you talk with the workers, you encourage this... unrest."

"All I did was show them the truth," I defended. "I showed them that they don't have to act like they are below you just because you told them to!"

Jaha held up his hand, "Your relationship with the workers isn't the main issue," Oh no. No, I mentally begged him not to say what I thought he was about to say. "Your relationship with Bellamy Blake is at the front of all this chaos. Factory Station's very own star-crossed lovers. They are using your relationship with that boy as encouragement for their cause."

"Don't bring Bellamy into this!" I didn't even try to keep my voice calm. "He has nothing to do with any of it!"

"You're wrong," Jaha stood up. "Your relationship with Mr. Blake is what connects you to the people of Factory Station, and if you care for that boy at all you will end all contact you have with him and the workers."

I glanced at the other Council members who had all been staying silent. Did they agree to this? Did my father agree to this?

"And what if I don't?" I asked with defiance. "You can't arrest me simply for having a relationship with someone!"