SIXTEEN| i think this is illegal

The next two weeks passed by rather slow. One reason was that Commander Duke had made the physical training for us cadets extremely more difficult and painful. The hours were longer, the number of exercises we had to do increased, and every day my muscles grew sorer and sorer. 

Another reason was that almost every night my dad came home exhausted and more stressed than I had ever seen him. I begged and begged for him to tell me what was going on, but he wouldn't budge.

Also, not to mention that the amount of time the cadets had guard duty was also increasing. On Thursday, Bellamy and I had six straight hours of patrolling the halls. It honestly wasn't that bad considering we took many breaks to make out.

We had successfully been sneaking around without being caught by anyone. Well, except for a janitor one time, but I doubt he even cared, and even though the whole secret affair was exciting, I wanted to be able to be with Bellamy in public.

I knew my dad would never approve, and I knew not many other people would, but they were going to find out eventually. So, I came up with a horrible very terrible idea.

It was a Thursday night, right after I had finished patrol with Dallas and Bellamy when I decided to bring up my very horrible terrible idea to my father. We were watching an old soccer game, and for once my dad had made it home before midnight.  

I glanced over at him nervously as my palms began to sweat. Now or never Winters. Now or never.

"Hey, Dad."

He turned his head, "Yes?"

"How would you feel if I said that I had a new..." what even was Bellamy? A boyfriend? We hadn't had that talk yet. "boy that I was getting to know, and wanted you to meet."

"I'd say that I definitely want to meet him. You know all boys you date have to pass the Dad test."

"Yep, who doesn't love the Dad test?" I didn't love the Dad test. "Anyway, is it cool if I invite him and his mom over for dinner Sunday night, and we can all get to know each other better."

"Sure, I don't mind company," He replied. "Who did you say this boy was again?"

"It's a surprise," I answered with a smile. "A really, really big surprise. You'll be so surprised that you won't even know what to do with yourself." Or you might have a heart attack.

He raised his eyebrows, and before he could answer there was a knock on our door. My dad gave me a worried look as he stood up to answer the door. It was past curfew, which probably meant the person at the door would be Jaha, coming to tell my dad about some emergency Council meeting.

Sure enough, Chancellor Jaha was behind the door when my dad opened it. They spoke in hushed tones for several moments before my dad turned back to me.

"I'll be back in a few hours." Then, he left and the door shut behind him.

That was it. I was getting some answers.

~_~_~_~_~

"Ok, you have officially lost your mind. I'm pretty sure what you're asking is, what's the word again? Oh yeah, illegal!"

It was around two in the morning as I sat across from Archie on his bed, "Can you do it or not?"

"Not," He answered. "Well, I can do it, but I won't. Do you know what would happen to us if anyone found out? We'd go to prison. I can't go to prison!"

"You won't go to prison," I gave him a pleading look. "No one will know, ok? Please, Arch, I have to find out what's going on."

Archie gave me a frustrated look as he let out a long sigh, "Fine, but just know you will owe me a lifetime of favors for this."