SEVEN| attitude adjustment

"Try again. Come on, fifteenth time's the charm, right?" 

"God, you are such an asshole. This is never going to work."

"Well, not with that attitude."

I gave Bellamy the most hateful and annoyed glare for about the millionth time in the past thirty minutes. Sweat drenched my body as I stood in front of him on the sparring mat. It was hard enough to focus while he was in nothing but his pants and a white tank top that made it easy to see how toned his muscles were.

Plus, his arms were all big and muscley and it was freaking annoying that I found that hot. I let out a frustrated sigh as Bellamy put his fists in front of his face, and shifted his weight from side to side.

"Come on, Princess. Hit me."

"Oh, I'm going to do more than hit you, Blake."

I lunged at him, trying to throw a punch at his face, but he moved out of the way effortlessly, "Better, but still sloppy." I let out a sound of anger as I swung again. This time, he caught my fist in his big hand and flashed a smirk. "Maybe you should try another tactic besides just throwing yourself at me angrily."

"And maybe you should stop being so annoying," I brought my foot down on top of his, and Bellamy let out a yelp of pain as he let my fist go.

He rubbed his foot, "That was just evil."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did that hurt? I didn't realize you were such a softy," It was my turn to mock him, and it felt refreshing to be on the other end of the teasing for once.

However, Bellamy didn't like that the tables had turned. So, he straightened back up and kicked my legs out from underneath me without any warning. My butt hit the mat with a thud, and I shot a look of daggers up at him as he laughed.

"Never let your guard down, Princess."

I let out an annoyed huff as he offered his hand. An idea popped into my head as I reached for it, but instead of pulling myself up, I pulled Bellamy down roughly, and he lost his balance.

"Maybe you should take your own advice."

I hopped up from the ground as he stood up slowly with an aggravated look on his face. His chestnut brown eyes were full of a lust for revenge, "You think you're so cute, don't you?"

"Generally." I threw another punch at his face that he deflected, and another towards his stomach, but he moved out of the way. For a long time, I played offensive, while he simply played defense with no retaliation. "How is this helping me if you don't fight back?"

"I don't think getting your ass kicked would be helpful," Bellamy replied as I tried to kick him. He caught my foot like it was nothing. "You're thinking about this all wrong, Harley. You're just trying to get a hit in when you should be watching my movements and planning where to strike next. You can't let anger fuel your fighting, because you'll always lose if you do. You have to be smart."

Bellamy let go of my foot, and I thought about his words as he told me to try again.

This time as he dodged my first attack and moved to the right where my other fist was there waiting for him. It wasn't a very hard hit, but it was enough to make him narrow his eyes at me.

"She listens. Who knew?"

I rolled my eyes, "Why won't you fight back? It's not like the person I'll be fighting is just going to play defense all day." I went for another hit. He dodged it, but still with no retaliation. I began mocking him, "Maybe you aren't as good as you think you are. Maybe you're just a little chicken."