SEVENTEEN| the dinner surprisingly not from hell

It all happened in a blur. One minute I was sound asleep, and the next I was awoken by my dad with the news that Jake Griffin had just been floated for treason, and Clarke had been arrested. It was unbelievable. Just three days ago I had been joking around with Mr. Griffin while I hung out with Clarke at their place. 

Now he was dead and Clarke was in solitary.

I wanted to go see her and get her side of the story, but they weren't allowing her to have any visitors. Wells and Archie tried too, but they didn't have any luck either. If she was in solitary, there was no chance she'd get let out when she turned eighteen. We all knew the horrible, unthinkable truth that Clarke Griffin would be floated just like her father.

More and more horrible things kept happening one after another. I had a feeling that the Factory Station issue wasn't the biggest situation to worry about. I knew something even bigger was going on behind the scenes.

But, I didn't want to put Archie in a bad position. Having him hack into the system again was too dangerous. I couldn't bear the thought of losing another friend, so I knew I had to get the information on my own now.

However, at the moment I needed to worry about Bellamy and Aurora Blake walking through my door in approximately five minutes. My dad was so excited to meet this mysterious guy and his mom. Oh, if only he knew.

And he would in five minutes. Lord help me.

We had the table set, and the TV ready in case they wanted to watch something. Although, I doubted that would happen. It was very likely my dad would just make Bellamy leave. Especially since he was a suspect in the private investigation the Council was holding to find the rebel leader in Factory Station.

Wow, this night was going to go in such a lovely direction.

"This is the first boy you've invited over that I've never met," I heard my dad say from the living room as I finished the final touches in the kitchen. "I just wish you would tell me something about him so I'd know what to expect."

"Oh, just expect to be surprised!" I yelled back. "And filled with horror," I mumbled to myself. My heart dropped to my stomach in fear when I heard a light knock on the door. "Oh God, please help me."

"I think they're here!"

"How great."

I hurried towards the door behind my dad sending a million prayers that I would still be alive thirty seconds from now... and so would Bellamy.

I held my breath as the door slid open to reveal Bellamy standing there with a tall dark-haired woman that had his same skin tone and dark eyes.

I greeted them with a kind smile, "Dad, this is Bellamy and his mother, Aurora."

My dad shot me a look, and I couldn't tell if he was angry or not. A few seconds passed as I prepared for an outburst, but to my surprise, my dad held out his hand for Bellamy.

"It's nice to meet you, Bellamy."

Bellamy shook his hand, "The pleasure's all mine, Mr. Winters."

Aurora turned to me next as she offered her hand, "I'm so glad I finally get to meet you, Harley. I've heard so much about you."

I gave her hand a polite shake as I tried to hide my blush. I glanced over at Bellamy who met my eyes for a split second with a smirk on his face.

Bellamy and Aurora came inside, and the four of us sat down at the dinner table. Bellamy and I sat across from our parents, and I gave him a worried look. I was so afraid this evening would go terribly.