You Gotta Bleed To Know

Time went by and trust started to build between Levi and I. His hope for my lust grew but my lust for him never formed. He's been nicer to me by not tying me up and letting me out of the room but he keeps the doors to the outside tightly secured and locked, he even took it upon himself to get a security system. I remember that day. He walked in with some bags, made lunch and smoothies. I ate, eventually, I took a nap and woke up tied to a chair. I can't say I was surprised by this but it doesn't mean I was okay with it. I woke up earlier than I should've because I woke up to him installing the cameras. He saw me open my eyes and sighed explaining that he couldn't take risks and that I could've tried to run away while he was busy installing the cameras. I asked why the cameras but he didn't respond, he just kept working. Since the day Annie tried to kill me and him, he's been acting super strange, looking through the monitors that show outside the house. I finally decided it was time to confront him.

"Why the cameras Levi?"
He sighed once again, "I'm gonna be leaving in about two weeks and I can't trust anyone to look after you. Normally I wouldn't leave at all but people are growing suspicious of me so.."

"How are you roaming without getting caught?"

"That's the thing about law enforcement, they gave up. They assumed you ran away due to either Stockholm or fear. They wanna focus more on terrorist matters, not a missing girl. Also, I changed my look." he saw the look of disappointment on my face. "I don't know why you'd wanna go back, I try to take better care of you than anyone else can. That town? Didn't care about you. You were just another face to them, your family was just another family."

"It's not that simple."

"Don't you do that to me, it is that simple. I put out my cards right in front of you and you won't take them. Is this about Eren? He was using you. You would do anything for him but he was fucking Blair."

"He was wha-"

"Yeah, I said it. He was fucking her, they were screwing while he was trying to get best of both worlds. That's why I took her because she knew about you guys before they started messing around and she still proceeded. It's wrong and fucked up for someone to do that. Especially, to someone as special as you. Eren tried with all his power to make sure we never met so that you could never know, he would try to mess with me. Telling me all about you. You were never meant for him, you were meant for me."

"Levi-"

"I'm not finished. I wanted to keep you safe but I could never do it up close and it pained me. No, it wasn't love at first sight like I told you before, it was how I felt the need to protect you that made me fall in love with you eventually. The only thing I regret is letting Eren get in between us, then I wouldn't have had to do this." tears started to form in his gray eyes. He was telling the truth but I made myself a promise. I will never love him

"You know I have to leave eventually. I'm gonna lose my mind in here."

he sighs "I know, I just haven't come to grips with the fact that it's possible." he takes a breath "That you'll never love me."