I'd Ask You To Be True

Days went by and everyday Levi or Annie would come in and greet me maybe both but that only happened three times. Each time they both came in Levi would be caressing me and taking care of me while Annie would be in the corner longing for the love she's always wanted but I didn't. We didn't keep the child, at first Levi was gonna make me keep it but then he said it wouldn't be a good time because stress, malnutrition and he wants a baby to be born to two people who love each other. Though I'm glad I didn't keep it, it sucks because of a little life, gone. Not gonna lie that I cried about it. Not just the baby but how violated I feel. It all sucks and I feel like I hit right back to square one. Why couldn't he just love Annie and not me? I looked outside of the peephole in the door and I saw Levi and Annie talking. I saw him touch his shoulder while his head hung low. She pulled him into a hug and I couldn't believe it but I saw him crying. What the hell?  After they pulled out of a hug she went in to kiss him. I thought this is the moment. But just a second after he turned away. She looked hurt and heartbroken.

"No." He started "I'm with (Y/N). I lost my baby, I-I'm not in love with you I love her."

Annie looked at him in distraught and I was actually surprised too. "B-But I, Love, You." She puts his hand on her chest. "This heart beats for you Levi, and fast."

He sighs at this "Annie,"

"No!" She interrupts "She doesn't love you, I do. I always have. I want to be with you, I want to have your babies and live happily with you. We can stop all of this and me and you can be together Levi."

"Annie-"

"Levi," she then takes his hand from her heart to her breast. I gasped

"I need you."

At this point, I was almost positive that he would stay. She absolutely loved him and he wants love. He takes a moment but turns away.

"No," she says, "Don't leave. Levi, you can't leave me!"

He walks away without saying anything, while his head hung low. She stood for a few minutes, by herself. She was sulking in the shame from rejection. The prettiest girl, she got rejected. For me? No, for a fantasy. She knows that just as much as I do. 

After a while, she snapped out of her thoughts and she went towards my room.

"Why do you have to be here?" she mutters "What did I do wrong? What did you do right? You don't even love him."

I decided it was best to stay silent. Until she then looks up at me. She sighs "I'm gonna get you out of here, somehow, someway. I gotta work a pla-" she stops after seeing Levi at the doorway.

"What?" he said. There was a moment of silence that it was suffocating. It was the moment of intensity that I wasn't able to predict what would happen next. Would he get mad at her? Kick her out? Torture? Kill? 

"Get out." He said sternly

"Wha-"

"I said Get the fuck out." he was talking directly to Annie without looking at her. As a bystander and watching this showdown, I'm wondering oh my god and where's the popcorn? Annie hasn't moved yet, it's most likely from the shock that he would talk to her like that. Like all that she's done for him and how she's displayed so much vulnerability. 

"Now Annie." After he said that she finally sat up and slowly walked to the door, head hung low in shame. Wait, why didn't I run away? Eventually, when things started to settle down, Levi sighed. He sat next to me on the bed. He looked at me.

"I wanna show you something, lay down for me."

I hesitate at the command, because like what does he mean by lay down?