"You keep saying you're bad at softball, Y/N/N."

"Because I am."

"No, you're a dope ass pitcher."

"But I'm not a professional." I say and Alex rolls her eyes.

"You don't have to be. Just be confident enough tomorrow." Alex says and I sigh.

"Alright, fine." I say and she nods.

"You guys are cute." One of Alex's teammates says and we share a look. "Friendships like you guys' are so cute, I love seeing people that close." She says and I raise an eyebrow.

"She's had a rough past." Alex says in my ear and I nod.

When Alex and I get to her place, we relax in the living room watching the UGA softball game that's on ESPN 2, Alex is hype af of course, and I jut grin at my friend as she cheered on our alma mater, even though UGA lost.

"I'd blame those sisters from Texas that were on your last team at UGA, team what? 18?" I ask and Alex shakes her head, handing me a bottle of water, sitting back on the couch next to me, since it was a double header.

"No, team 18 was when I transferred from KU. Remember?" She asks and I nod. "You're thinking teams 20-23."

"And what team is this?" I ask, looking at Alex.

"Team 23." She says and I nod. "So you blame the Emanuel sisters." Alex says and I nod.

"Yeah you girls were SEC champions two years in a row, until the Emanuel sisters came into the picture. Haven't won since." I say and Alex nods.

"You have a point."

"Of course I have a point. You would only vent about it after every trip you went on with them, hello, ex roommates here?" I say and Alex laughs, nudging me to the side.

"Shut up." She says and I shrug, going back to watching the game.

In the morning, we get the morning off, so I go for a long run, when I get back, Alex is sitting in the kitchen, staring at me as I walk back in.

"The hell are you doing?" She asks and I shrug, getting a bottle of water.

"Coming in from a run. I'm not playing tonight, only pitching a single ball." I say and Alex shrugs. "These past few days I've gone with you because I don't want to be alone, but a quick run won't kill me. Or you." I say and Alex chuckles.

"Alright, alright, fine, just be lazy with me until game time." She says and I nod. "We also need to go make sure your jersey fits you." She says and I nod.

"I knew you'd say that."

"Like, right now."

"Lets go then." I say and she nods, standing and grabbing her keys, we're both in short shorts and UGA shirts, but she's wearing boots like the country girl she is, and I'm wearing running shoes, like the city girl I am. We walk out to the truck and she drives us to the stadium, she parks, goes in with me following her, we meet up with the coach, and she hands Alex my jersey, who hands it to me, and I slip it on, laughing as Alex buttons it up for me.

"Looks like it fits." Alex says and I nod

"Good." The coach says and looks at Alex. "Get your ass home and relax." She says before looking at me. "Keep her there until five." She says and I nod. We go home and relax for the next six hours, where I'm dressed in some high tops, grey pants, and an Akron Racers shirt Alex gave me. On our way out, Alex puts a Racers hat on my head, and puts my jersey on me, but doesn't button it up.

"Shall we?" She asks and I nod, following her out to the truck, getting in the passenger seat and sitting quietly for the ride to the stadium, I go in with Alex and follow her to the locker room, I pay attention to my phone, and only my phone and sit in her locker when she's in her uniform, her signature eye black on her cheeks, "I'll be back to escort you out." She says and I nod. "Or do you want to warm up?" She asks and I think for a second before slipping the jersey off, she smiles and grabs my glove from her locker and hands it to me. "You know where to go." She says and I nod, following her out of the locker room and head to the bullpen, warming up quickly before disappearing again, sitting in front of Alex's locker in the locker room, after a while, Alex comes in and waves me over, so I grab the jersey and put it on as I follow Alex out and into the dugout, she hands me a softball, takes my glove and pushes me forward as I'm introduced, so I go out and wave, heading to the pitchers circle.

-
Alex
-

I watch as Y/N steps into the circle and smile as she spins the ball in her hand, twisting the her foot in the dirt, a nervous tick she has, I whistle quickly and sharply, she looks at me and I mimic what she's doing with her foot before giving her a thumbs up. She takes a deep breath and turns to our catcher, nods and waits for her to be ready before winding up and throwing one straight down the middle before coming back over to me with a huge smile on her face.

"What'd I tell you? What did I tell you?" I ask and she rolls her eyes.

"Shut up and let me into that locker room," she says and I chuckle, walking behind her into the locker room, where all the girls are sitting, waiting for the game to start.

"How'd it go?" They all ask and I smirk.

"Right down the middle." I say and Y/N sighs.