S L E E P

You felt the Captain's arms around your legs and back, he was carrying you. You snuggled up to his chest, now awake, but kept your eyes closed. You felt different towards Steve, but you went sure how. Was it happiness? Attraction? Or maybe, a word you'd heard about only a few times, love. But whatever it was, it left what felt like butterflies in your stomach. You heard a door being opened, and you were placed on your bed, you knew this because of how uncomfortable it was. You took this as an opportunity to open your (e/c) eyes.

    "Steve?" You called, the room was filled with a bright light, but you looked out your door and saw all the hallway lights were dimmed. The questioning didn't start until 11:30 anyway, it was probably 12:45.

    "Yeah (y/n)?" He asked.

    "Stay?"

He tensed, you knew because he was a gentleman that he probably wouldn't, you were only friends anyway. "I-I can't, I mean... We're only friends a-and-" you cut him off.

    "Please?" You said, knowing that if you wake up from a nightmare you'd want someone to be there for once. Just for once.

He sighed, "okay." You moved over a bit, as he lay down next to you, on top of your blankets. You put your head on his chest, and he tensed again. You fell asleep to his heartbeat. He breathed out, and relaxed, he'd never really been this close to a women, but he soon fell asleep too.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

He heard a scream, and someone sit up next to him. He looked over to you, and your expression showed only fear and sadness. You quickly tried to compose yourself, but you knew you failed when Steve hugged you. You flinched, never being hugged by anyone other than your deceased parents. You slowly made your way out of the hug, only after you had calmed down. You reminded Steve of Bucky, who also had many nightmares. "You okay?" He asked.

    "I saw them, I always see them, th-they died, because of me."

    "Hey, you didn't know what you were doing." He instantly regretted saying this, it usually worked with Bucky, who had been brainwashed, but you hadn't.

    "But that's the thing... I did."

    "You were forced."

    "I..." You stopped your protest, he was right. They would torture you, and you couldn't be left alone with anything sharp by yourself sometimes. They feared what you might do to yourself again. They couldn't lose their 'star' assassin. You just nodded, and let Steve hold you as you both fell  asleep afterwards.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

    "Um, I could come back." Tony said as he opened your door, and saw you and Steve. His arms were wrapped around your waist. You both separated and Steve stood up, "Tony get out." You cringed at what Tony will say next time you see him. Steve and you both blushed, and Steve left you to get dressed. You changed into a grey tank top, navy blue jeans, and black combat boots. You walked into the cafeteria, got your breakfast, and sat down next to Thor.

    "Shall we begin lady (y/n)?" Thor asked, you both decided to have an eating competition, Clint was the judge. In front of you sat many boxes of pop tarts, definitely not the healthiest, but you were determined to win.

    "Ready." You replied. Clint sat across from you holding a stopwatch.

    "Okay... Three, two, one!"

You both began as Tony, Steve, and Natasha sat down. You ignored them as you continued, and groaned when Thor finished before you. "Dammit, three tarts behind." You exclaimed as Thor smiled.

    "Forgive me lady (y/n), you were a worthy component."

    "Thanks Thor, you too."

He grinned as Bruce sat down, "uh... What did I miss?" He asked, gesturing towards the empty boxes and pop tart crumbs. Tony grinned.

    "Just Capsicle and Gone Girl sleeping together." The billionaire replied.

    "Stark!" You and Steve yelled.